INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Washington St. Residents....  (Read 572 times)

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
Washington St. Residents....
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »
Anybody know the details on the old limb press listed on fleabay?  Looks like it was well used, maybe someone could enlighten us to the bowyer, and his work.

item# 330282099514
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Washington St. Residents....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »
I will try and get a look asap Tim see if I can figure out anything...bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
Well that same guy was selling a lamination grinder several month ago(same story)...I checked with everyone I know out this way.Nobody really had a clue as to whom it belong to originaly.Nore did anyone have any idea about the bows being made with that equiment...Cool looking old limb press though...But kind of big and bulky by todays standards....bowdoc

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
True, it pretty unique and heavy duty.  Neat little innovations though.  I remember seeing the lam grinder, I'll probably email the seller to see if I can get some more info on the original owner.

Things like this might fall into that sub-section to the collectors forum.  Good idea, but we're probably better off just starting a thread and keeping it at the top.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »
Doc, I got a nice response back from the lister.  Although he doesn't give the name of the original owner, the response explains why we've never heard of him.

The response:

Dear 992life, (ME)

Well let's see....I am not going to name his name...I do not think that is important....I can tell you this though: He was an instuctor or taught archery for years at a Youth Camp In Oregon....he was a Pastor/Evengelist and he had a burden for kids and so he went and taught a archery course every summer for many years at this youth camp....he set up his archery shop behind his house in Vancouver....and proceeded to make reproduction Martin Breakdown bows every yaer for the kids that completed the course at youth camp and he always gave them away....he never sold one of them....I have one of the bows he made and I have sold some of them as well....they looks just like a Martin breakdown...with a little tweek here and thier....most of which he made where in the 30-40 pound range....the machine you are looking at came out of his shop...I have pretty much sold everything else had machinery wise....he had a ton of equipment....I still have a lot of bow parts that he had for making the bows....lamination strips, hinges, bolts for the breakdown and knobs for the screw-off limbs...he had a lot of original arrows back from the 70's, but I have sold most of them....this machine he used to put the limbs together...you can see glue rements on the side of the machine....he was a wonderful man. He passed away about 4 years ago...his great grandfather help found the city of Castle Rock, Washington....well that is about all I know...I hope this has helped you..if not ask more questions...thanks...

Interesting story, and a nice bit of history of a man that gave thru traditional archery.

Tim
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
It was listed on Craigslist week or so ago, before that I think he had a big box of weird old bows, like the one that is always popping up on vintage picture threads, arrow is shot thru the center of the riser, its a old black and white photo.any way it was a big lot o bows that were descibed as broken.I love garage ninnies like that old boy
       Kurt

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
That clears up a bit...Mike my know the guy...I will email Mike and have him look at the email you sent me and see if it sounds like the same guy he knows.Shoot that darn that thing is only about 70-80 miles from my house....hummmmmmmmmm    hey Kurt how much was he asking for the form on Craigslist......bowdoc

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
BD
Best offer.
I guess, he had no local offers and listed it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©