INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: KODIAK TAKEDOWN????  (Read 485 times)

Offline DAVE1275

• Trad Bowhunter
KODIAK TAKEDOWN????
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »
CAN YOU FIX THIS ONE??? I'M VOTING EX WIFE DID IT.330282688160

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KODIAK TAKEDOWN????
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
I did not look just now,but ya gotta be talking about the 1957 Bear Kodiak take down right?I saw it this morning...I'am thinking the tip actually popped off the bow.And the guy got super pissed. And the warrenty was up..and then he cut the bow in half cause he was so mad...then stessing out over the bows tip falling off caused the dude to have a heart attact and he kicked the bucket before he could send it back to Fred with a note about how mad he was about the tip and the warrenty.I don't know for sure what happend,but man if old bows could talk that guy gots a story to tell huh ? I even love that one...she's pretty cool looken cut in half and all..bowodc

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »
kindling...
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Ah but alas laddie's.....I saw this operation done on a 1963 Bear Grizzly for real no dream.For whatever reason I could not figure out at the time.This Boeing engineer I know or knew (not Lar) the dude takes this near mint condition (45#'s as I recall) 1963 Grizzly and cuts it just about in the same place as that 1957 yakfoo is.At first sight I thought he'd struck again.But here's the kicker,he would have fixed the 57 yak before listing it...no kidding this dude cut the griz in half.Then shows the now two peace recurve to me and another collecter in my shop and says,I'am making me a Bear take down.Laughs hoops into his ride and leaves my place.Well thats when the laughing really started when he left here.Let me tell you guy's I burst out laughing so hard I almost pissed my pants(that can happen to us old dudes).The other guy that was here thought the bowdoc lost if for sure.Then I told him I would pay money to see that bow when he's finished with it.I wanted to see the guy get cracked over the head with the upper half of the now new kind of Bear take down.Not wanting him to be injured though.But you know stuff happens...So about 3-4 months whatever time goes bye.Boeing dude rolls his rusted out old bucket he drives into my driveway one day.I almost lot it again.Thinking to myself dudes got the bow and abouts to get cracked over the head right here at bowdocs.And I will not have to pay money to see it...OK Ok I will get to the point.The boeing dude pulls the now back to one peace recurve out and asks what do I think.Well after having to swallow my own stupidity.I said wow pretty cool.He made what we would think of today as the bow hook pat.by Fred.Same as you would see on a Grumley take down.As far as I know that new type Bear take down bow is still in sevice to this day....hey I wonder if he checking out the 57 yak............never say die..........bowdoc

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©