INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The last time the mailman delivered this was 71!  (Read 1100 times)

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
The last time the mailman delivered this was 71!
« on: October 30, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »
I absolutely love when the wierd looking sleigh pulls in and santa's helper in a brown suit has a box for me! In a million years I never thought I'd be taking a C out of it's box like this. http://s471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/gbsticknstring/?action=view¤t=takedown268.jpg" target="_blank">http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/gbsticknstring/takedown268.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">                         The last time it was mailed it took 16 - 6 cent stamps to get it to it's destination.       http://s471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/gbsticknstring/?action=view¤t=takedown274.jpg" target="_blank">http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/gbsticknstring/takedown274.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">                           I have always loved the vintage "new in box" stuff that I could find but this one takes the cake. Thanks to my great friend who helped me get this and many other Bearied treasures. I'm a total newbie here and really appriciate all you guy's and the collective knowledge is very impressive...
Hunting elk in Oregon and hunting for Bears everywhere! (Grayling Bears!)

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The last time the mailman delivered this was 71!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »
OOPS new guy messed up his pics. try  try  again

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »
two more shots. ....

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:39:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  nice looking c handle.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
Sweet looking riser there....bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Nice

Now you have to go on a quest for an Omni Bow sight to compliment it.

That model with the signt mounts ont he fron t was about a '73 I think.  I have a set of 38 # white limbs with rose tips tips if you are interested.  That would be the correct year limbs for that bow.   Now they ae not in the pristine condition that you riser is, but they are no rellay bad.  $250.00.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Mountain_Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »
sticknstring, congrats on the find   :thumbsup:   ... VERY NICE indeed...gitcha those limbs from jack and shoot that thang...   :archer:
A wise man will ask for advice. The wisest of men are selective in whom they ask.

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »
Thanks guy's, and Jack thanks very much for the offer on the proper limbs. I am very interested but I'm going to have to re-group for little bit. This purchase wasn't planned, but what could I do? As long as she doesn't find out for a couple weeks I'll be ok.. Hahaha!  Jack I'll be checking back on those limbs soon.   greg

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
sweet riser, white limbs with black tips would be the correct limbs (('70-'71) for it.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
thanks alaska, I got these fascors with this deal but thought they might be an earlier handle or for a different latch size. they fit much looser than my B  does, they are narrower. fascor #3 70"-36# in the C. I would love to shoot it now instead of having to wait to get jack's from him, and hope he still has them. any knowledge is always much appreciated, this is a whole new vein in the research and learn pile...yeeha!!    

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
they aren't often found any nicer than that, congrats.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »
very nice! I will shoot this gem today, thanks alaska     greg

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
Those Fascor limba should shoot fine.

I was under the assumption that you had no limbs.

Mine aren't going anywhere if you need them.

How much you paid for it you might not want to tell, in case one of us wants to tip off your wife, but I know we would all like to know the details of how you came to own it.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
It shoots just like it looks, like a dream. I dont think this is the quite the target butt it was made to shoot into. the srt-x 1816 flew like darts. I think they are about the same year as the bow.                     What an honor to get to hold and shoot this baby. Im fairly sure they were the first arrows across this rest. I put a piece of tape on it so I didnt make a mark.    Jack  a very old and special friend of mine who has helped me get a few real treasures (have you seen the pic of my 48") just sent me the C and a really neat B.I'm not sure friend is a powerful enough word for this character.He's either my hero or just a enabling dealer of Bear crack to a helpless addict. I just started posting here and learned to photobucket.. something  I should not have put off. I hope to make more friends here maybe find a couple of things Ive been wanting to get my hands on and maybe help some others out too.    PS I always tell her everything. Its just a timing and delivery issue..haha      Well I thought I learned Photobucket, I turned them but they turned back  oops

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
Here is the sight you need.

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
Thanks Jack, if that doesnt go to high I would love to have the sight and stabilizer.  greg

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
If you can get yorself a set of # 3 limbs, it will shoot even smoother.

24srt-x 1816 shafts is what I used for tournaments with my '68 Tamerlane back in the day.  That was before XX75 were the common shafts.

The do fly nice out of the right bow.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
It is the Bear Omni Bow sight.  I think it was the brainchild of Owen Jefferies who took over design of Bear bows back then.

Hate to see you have to buy the whole bow just to get the sight.  If the limbs were #3's it would be more worth it but they are #1's.  I think the same as what you have.

Now you could buy the bow, rob the sight and stabelizer and put the rest back up on ****.  A bit of troubel, but it would be worth it.

Welcome to the forum...hope to see you here a lot.

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Jack, much appreciated! The black tips that came with it are the 3's 70" @ 36# and you are so right, it's a super smooth bow. I found the perfect string on my 70" wing master, also a great shooter.

That omni sight by Jefferies is something i'm going to try to find, If possible in the same new condition as the bow..how many quest's can one guy have?

Did you keep your 68 Tamerlane, Id love to see it. I have a 63 with the feather rest,rosewood,  no sight... great now I want to shoot that one... lets post Tamerlanes if you've got pics.   greg     greg

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
I still have my '68 Tamerlane.  It has the premier sight. with brush rest.

What I don't have is a decent digital camera.

If I were you, I would jump on the Mag  C riser now to get the omni sight and stabeluizer.  Those things are scarce and you may possibly never get a nother crak at one.  If you find a better one down the road, you won't have any trouble selling this one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©