INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Economy sucks!!!  (Read 682 times)

Offline DAVE1275

• Trad Bowhunter
Economy sucks!!!
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »
Just wondering if it's me or does anybody else think the economy sucks at the moment.I know I'm not as big as collectors as some of you guys,I only got about 25 or so bows at the moment.But I woundn't mind selling a few to move on to some bigger and better things.I've been watching latly and probably at least half of what I got won"t bring what I paid for them.I'm not in it to make money,I enjoy shooting them and thankful for what I got  ,but when it's time to trade or sell I definetly don't like to lose money.There's been some pretty good deals happening and unfortunatly I don't got the money right now to buy.Just wondering if I should hold out and hope it gets better or sell and trade now before it gets worse. Just a thought.

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Economy sucks!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:18:00 AM »
now is the time to be buying bows, not selling them. Prices will come back.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »
Collecting Old bows is like buying stock.

If you have a little extra cash on hand...now is the time

I just picked up an old Wing Presentation on e8ay.  $99.00...no one else bid on it.

I got a really nice Hoyt pro medalist for $72.00

Buying "quality Bows" right now is an investment.   Take advantage of the opportunity.

The only things you don't want to bid on right now is any item where the high bidder is  i****l.

That is my hidden identy on e8ay.

I figured out the NumPles is u****p.  I don't bid on those.  No sense in bidding against each other and driving the price up.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »
I agree
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
Trading amongst other collectors is still a viable alternative. Selling is not. Seems like every election, money tightens until after the results come in. Usually see a rebound after the first few months.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Just got a mint 1966 48# Kmag factory camo with a 1966 era leather quiver, a leather trimmed bow sleeve with its $1.59 price sticker, half dozen mint mid 60s hunting arrows with Bear razorheads, 10 like new target arrows for a song - now is not a good time to sell.

Am starting to realize that Fred was cranking out millions of bows, and it pays to be patient as 21st century grandchildren clean out Pop-pops old house.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »
Nope not a good time to sell used bow or even new bows for that matter.Great time to buy,but who the heck has the money to buy bows.bowdocsarchery is bouts broke as a joke right now too.Or ya'all better believe my good friend and long time customer Ray Numpls Roan would'nt stand a chance if the doc was fat right now,but he ai'nt...Tradeing is even tough right now.I know where there is a super fine condition 1960 Kodiak 55#er.He's open for trades,but looking for = value in trade.Sure who would'nt be....but he wants something along the lines of a Grumley.He paided just over $1,600.00 for the 1960 yak several years ago (can you say dumb guy).I don't think we'll be seeing that price on used bows for sometime to come...but I did wish him the best of luck in his quest to find another,can you say it once more dumb guy.Hang on to em now if you can and sell at tax time as mentioned.Thats only pending if things gets better by then.......bowdoc

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©