INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Full Circle already,you gotta be kidding  (Read 629 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Full Circle already,you gotta be kidding
« on: November 13, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
This is a trip.I sold a guy a small collectable item in about 1998-1999.No big deal 15-20 bucks.But here's the trip...I saw it for sale this morning.Kind of weird it only took him 10 years to go from collecter to selling his collection.Maybe just hard times for some folks right now too.bowdoc

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Full Circle already,you gotta be kidding
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
I was talking to them last night and trying to decide which one will be next..  "[dntthnk]"  Times are hard and I sure hope it soon gets better!
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
Damn it Jim I'am a doctor.....whoops wrong doctor.Ya you guy's may be right.I have thin down a little myself and I don't mean my pant size.Man I hope this gets better sooner then later.It ai'nt that I want to NOT buy bows cheep.I just hate to see anyone ever have to part with something you love so much...bd

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
The other side of the coins is that if you have a few disposable bucks right now, it is a great timeto add to your collection.  Hate to sound mercenary, but it is a fact.

Anyone contemplating selling right now needs to be aware that he market is soft right now.  It is a better time for buying than selling.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
I have a bunch of bows that I bought when the market was strong and I know I paid too much for them.  When it comes time to sell them, I probably won't get my money back even in a strong market.  I have to look at it philosophically and determine how much value I got from just having them hanging on the wall.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
Ok I'am gonna come clean here.I did sell off two of my best right before I went hunting this year.Go ahead kick me hurt me beat me up.But I did what I had to do to go.Which ment my 55# 1963 Kodiak and my 52# 1962 Kodiak are no more.Makes me sick every time I look and see they are not there.But as Rich mentioned...gotta do what you gotta do.I did not take a hit on eather bow.But just the same I sure miss them alot..bowdoc

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
I found I can't sell bows, I tried... for me, it is like losing a kid... see my  comments on Rich's "how good is your memory" thread....
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 07:04:00 AM »
I got into the business as a bo-ho,I was not a collecter then.That came along a little later.All I gotta say as it has been one hell of a ride ever since.bowdoc

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
I'm with Chuck- I just don't sell them; they aren't that kind of posessions to me. That's a real sickness. I have bows I had thirty years ago. Sometimes I give one away but that doesn't seem to bother me. I need help.           Grant

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©