INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Product Info  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
Product Info
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
I have a bunch of Archery and Archery world magazines from the late 40's, 50's  and 60's if anyone needs to know product info, prices or wants a copy of a product add let me  know.
Jon

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Product Info
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »
Jon, At one time you were going to send me a bunch of old Howatt ads. I never got them. Thanks, CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »
Your right but I thought you answered that you found what you wanted.  sorry. send me your address and what you want and I will make copies of what I can find for you.  Send info to [email protected].  I will be making copies today waiting for your address.  again sorry for the confusion on my part.

Jon

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
Thanks Jon you da man this week.Thats super cool of you dude....bowdoc

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the offer Jon,  Any product adds for a 55 Bear Kodiak in your pile of goodies?  I love this place.  

:thumbsup:  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Trap,copying a bunch of adds for skuse right now on Damon Howatt bows. I will check out the 55 magazines and see what I have.

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
Trap, I have 11  1955 Archery magazines and copied 4 differant Bear bows for you.  Interesting note, Bear only advertised on the back of the magazines and not on the inside so some of the adds were duplicate. Send me an address and I will mail these copies to you.

I can't believe the differant bowmakers that were out there.  There were many broadhead makers as well.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »
Thanks a ton Jon, PM sent

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
I've got an old Howatt's Eldorado Diablo that I would love to get some info. on. Don't know the year or anything else about her, but here are a few pictures. Anything in your old catalogues that look like this? She is the lighter colored bow.

Thanks.....Chuck

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
Something tells me the CKRUSE in this sight knows something about Howatts.  I copied  7 adds for him from early 60's magazines but they did not have your bow.  I went back as far as the 1949 magazines with no Howatt adds. Sorry.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »
I don't know nearly as much as Howattman or Larry Hatfield on these old Howatts, but I'm learning. I think your Eldo Diablo is from the late 50's to early 60's. I have one just like it in the mail. Hopefully it will be here tomorrrow!

CKruse

"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »
By the way Chuck, if yours is really clean and nice, I'll give you a new price for it!  :bigsmyl:  I'm cool like that! CKruse

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
I have one of these but LH. The finish on the limbs is really different. Looks like they sprayed brown paint over the white glass then rubbed it off along the edges to show the white glass.

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
Wow, thanks for the info. Cameron.     :notworthy:  Just got mine a couple of weeks ago. The only bad spot on the bow is the flaked finish around the Eldorado emblem as shown in the picture. I sent pictures to Howattman last week, but I have gotten no response yet.
I can't believe that I paid over twice what that bow was worth new.  :banghead:  Guess I better hold on to her for a little while, but thanks for the generous offer.  :biglaugh:  

Chuck
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 10:02:00 PM »
Was typing when you posted, Ron. I was wondering how they got that finish on the limbs (maybe some type dye or as you said, paint). Interesting effect whatever the process.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
Here is an add for you to drool over. November 1959 Archery Magazine. Bear Christmas add.

Fred Bear Razorhead kit, 12 heads and bleeder blades for $4.95

Bear 4 arrow bow quiver for $9.95

and this one will get you, Fred Bear Bowhunters  knife kit, knife, file and stone, $8.95.

As you can see its cheaper than the 4 arrow quiver.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 07:01:00 AM »
Whats the serial number on the Diablo in the pics...Jon those old adds are the greatest link there is to ID-ing on archery tackle.You gotta love em....bowdoc

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
Doc, the serial number is DE68011. The SN and length(58)is written on the sight window and the weight (42) is stamped into the wood just above the SN.

Chuck
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
The bowyer number was 6 and I gotta say 1958 would be the year and the 11th Diablo built in 1958.The brown stained fiberglass may have been Scottch-play fiberglass used by Damon Howatt in the 1950's...bowdoc

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »
skuse, Doc and Trap. You have mail coming your way.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©