INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Ressurect or Return ????  (Read 1389 times)

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Ressurect or Return ????
« on: December 10, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
60" 49#

Many of you probably saw it.  Bow supposedly had no cracks or stress except for the crack in the PH sight window.  The truth is as follows:

On the upside, the limbs are straight with no twists and the original coin is in tact.  LOL

I didnt worry too much about the crack in the sight window but the separation along the arrow side of the I beam concerns me.  As you can see, the crack may extend all the way down to below the handle where you can see a crack in line with the I beam.  Both tips are in the same shape.  (they could be popped off with a thumbnail)

What do you think Gents?  Refund? Partial refund? or resurrection?

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ressurect or Return ????
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
If that was the one on the auction site, I wondered about their description. I could readily see the crack in the sight window. I guess it just all depends on what you've got in it. I've quit watching E8ay for the most part. I would be very tempted to get a refund if I had much in it. JMHO, CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »
I'd be sending it back, short life expectancy with that one in my opinion.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »
Same Bow. The crack in the sight window was disclosed.  The rest of the damage was not.  I'm leaning the same way Cam.  It's hard to tell what's under the leather grip of course.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline ses

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
i wound go for full refund for not being truthful
about every thing the bay is a good place to pick up bows but even a better place to sell junk
 we only have a few pics to go buy and the good or not so good word of the seller
if a man is alone in the woods and no woman can hear him is still wrong?

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
No brainer

send it back.  If it was misrepresented...contact the seller and demand a full refund, including shipping both ways.

If you paid by PayPal, notify them immidiately of the dispute.

I have only been burned once on an e8ay bid.  It was a "weak limb"  on an otherwise beautiful Fury I that did not show until drawn.  Seller stated that he knew nothing about bows so he was up front and I did not consider it his fault.  Even left him positive feedback because it was "as advertised" as far as his knowledge went.

This is not the case here.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
The seller in this case is a standup seller, just doesnt know bows.  he's offerred a full refund of original price plus return shipping. he's also offered a partial refund to offset the costs of repairs and a refinnish but I wasnt sure it was even worth going there.  If the bow's life is limited I don't want it.

just looking for opinions,  I tend to agree with what's been said already.  

Thanks Guys, Trap

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
super glue it, clamp it, polish it up and hang it on the wall. Or I would send it back. Don't see any shooting in that bows future.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 12:10:00 AM »
That ones pretty far gone.......partial refund is of no value go for the offer to send it back and thank tour lucky stars!! Man you must be living right to get a seller like that Trap!!

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
Sorry guy's I over slept this morning.Now myself I would keep it and restore her to her once beautiful self.I would not have any concerns about the cracks on the ibeam as that can be repaired stronger then the original glue joints were with LT420 and a sringe,10 fold stronger.Now thats just me.But one thing I would ask you to not do.Eather ask for a full refund and return the bow or keep the bow and not ask for any refund.Please do not ask them for a partial refund.I just went through this with another buyer,who paid big bucks for a bow that was damaged(I showed pics of the tip 3 weeks ago).He was going to turn the seller into the AG office of said sellers state if they did not make a refund.The seller got so upset.He refund all of the buyers money and told him to just keep the bow for free....well needless to say the bow in at my place right now for a face lift and will be 100% rock solid and stronger then the day it left Grayling with better tip overlays.You guy's still with me here right ? OK now the buyer is bragging to all his buddy's how he stold this bow off some unsupecting seller.NOT COOL he should not have brow beaten the seller like that.Thats old school collecting and has cost me several good collecter friends for doing just that.All I ask is if your not happy with said bow ask seller for full refund and just return it.The worse part of returning the darn thing is it will just get relisted and resold to another unsupecting buyer and were back to square one....Hey Trap how about this are you looking for anything of equal value in trade for it ????? you know maybe someone here might want to take a stab at fixing the old girl up.....bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
Trap I got a super nice looking 1969 Tamerlane 33# 72" the longest and best shooting target bow Bear offerd that year.Rock solid and pretty darn clean too.We otta talk before you return the 1959.bd

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
PM'd you Doc

Trap

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »
phase one...bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
phase two.bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
not tring to influence you in any way shape or form of the word...Yeah right.Phase three..bowdoc

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
LOL Doc,

I'm leaning towards making the bow a TG Project in the spring.  Anybody want to follow along?

I like challenges.  

Trap

P.S. Doc, is that some of Kurt's               KB5 Tip Overlay Replacement Material  (KB5TORM)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
I'll be here watching for the 1959 show.Nope that's fiberglass tip overlays on the maple sight window.There is also a spliced piece of brown under the red and white.Thats the 1959 with the broken off tip.bd

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
The crack in the grip can be repaired ...but not with super-glue! The tip overlays can be reglued. If that was a LH we might be talking.
However the seller was not truthful.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »
Hey Ron I use loc tite to repair them and its a super glue.Its so thin it draws it's self right into the crack thats what is designed to do.LT is actually for locking bareings in place and works great for bow repairs.bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
I'd stay away from pins or drilling into the bow anywhere that may just add to your problems.I've repaired at least 100 1959 kodikas with loc tite and have never had one break where it was repaired.The repair done properly is stronger then the original wood.What you got to trade for a top of the line restoration ??? any good stuff ?? Now thats not againest Tg rules cause I a'nt tring to sell you anything just offering a little trade.......let me know...bowdoc

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©