INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Fred Bear paper weight ?????  (Read 1480 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Bear paper weight ?????
« on: December 17, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
OK so I'am stuck in the house do to freezeing temps and snow.It drives me nuts because I just hate setting around.I can't stand doing nothing like watching the tube no way man not for me.Sometimes this pc will save your bacon shy of going nuts.At least its like you got someone to talk to besides your cat.I hate setting around and I hate cats.So while mother nature is keeping me from doing what I really love to do like working with old bows.It cost to much to heat my shop right now.About 20.00 worth of propane a day 140.00 a week.Mrs bowdoc ai'nt going for that.She told me to have bowdoc call in sick until the weather warms up next week,yeah right what call myself in sick.That makes since huh ? women can't live with em and you can't kill em.Anyhoo its kind of like the Bear razorhead bolo tie's knives broadheads verius Fred Bear nic knacks whatever.I make stuff like that while not able to work on bows for whatever reason.Here's my newest idea.The Fred Bear Bow Hunting Equitment Co. paper weight...I had a coin out of one of the 1999 FB BHE Co.risers and figured what the heck might as well make use of it.The antler came from a buddy figured I make use of it too.What do you guy's think....bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Bear paper weight ?????
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
cool looking antler crown.bd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
and then.bd

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
Don, that is awesome.  Next time I am over, bring some of that stuff out and put a price on it.  :scared:  

I went out stumping near the Cascades yesterday afternoon and my feet are still frozen.   :coffee:
Lon Scott

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
I like it.  Instead of the paperweight idea you could just throw it at the cat.  Hope the weather breaks for you.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »
Nice... I like.
I bet with the right size antlers you could make a real fine Fred Bear «Boot Jack»... with the snow and all...

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Modern-Homesteading/1982-07-01/A-Forked-Limb-Bootjack.aspx

-Simon

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
Doc that is way cool...Don't hit the cat with it. I love cats. My cats listen better then my wife. I talk to my cats all day long and they understand vintage bows and such!  :D
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
Nice Stuff Don- I'm with Lon- put a $$ tag on some of that stuff.                  Grant

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Oh no Mike I would not waste good Fred Bear art work on our cat.I also talk to her often while the wife is not home.I just hate her because when were talking she's like some wise ass know it all.Claims to know so much about Bear bow.Wow she sounds like her wise ass owner.....YIKES bd

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »
I feel the same way about cats as does my yellow lab.  However, I would not intentionally hurt someone's pet.    :archer:
Lon Scott

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »
Kewl paper=weight! I have learned that dogs have owners and cats have servants, that is the bottom line. Check out some of the winter temps around Alaska sometime, makes Int'l Falls, MN look like Cancun (I'm from Minnesota). Coldest I have been in so far is -51 in Fairbanks, that gets your attention.    :eek:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »
No kidding about the cat servant part.That cat knows when I'am in my office and sets out side the widow wa wa wa wa,until I serve breakfast to her.She lived here when we moved in and I been giveing her the rent money for 5 years.Yes I saw them temps up north -51 is brutel...I seen that Frostbite Fall or where ever it was in Mi.or Wis -50 for three days in a row.Now thats cold.bd

Offline ses

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
bd u need a good wood stove two or three logs on the fire heck maybe pearson or two or old fedora will help cut back heating cost
if a man is alone in the woods and no woman can hear him is still wrong?

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
Doc: here in Wisconsin it has been one snowstorm every other day lately and a warm day has been 10 degress. Got another storm coming tommorrow and just repaired the snowblower. Rather be playing with old bows.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
I'll start the bidding at 15 bucks.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
7 teen.
Lon Scott

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »
eighteen twenty seven    :saywhat:
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
$21.50 and no buyers 10%   :goldtooth:
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
Hey there's one day of propane.  Lets keep Doc in the shop.

Trap

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©