INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Coin '69 Super Kodiak  (Read 1198 times)

Offline TBinMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Coin '69 Super Kodiak
« on: December 19, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »
Howdy,
I know that someone was going to have good reproduction coins available pretty soon - but I thought I'd ask if anyone here has an original coin used in the '69 Super Kodiak just laying around that they would consider selling?
Thanks,
Terry
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Coin '69 Super Kodiak
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
I have a couple 3 Rivers coins.  If you want one of those PM me with your address and I'll send you one.  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
I do got one out of a broken Super K but I never thought about selling it.I was saveing it for some more bowdoc art work....bowdoc

Offline IronJohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
Terry, I would help you but I can't even find a '69 SK. Been looking for one a long time and can't come up with one. 1969 is my birth year and I would like to find one some day. Are the '69 SK's special or was the production down that year? I hope you find your coin Terry..........IJ
Fedora Bows, Easton Arrows, BigJim Quivers & Bear Razorheads!

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
69 is a good year for the super K IronJohn. Black phenolic riser with rosewood caps and black glass, mighty handsome.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »
IJ over 12,000 1969 Supers were built from late nov.of 1968 thats when Bear changed the string groove in nov.of 1968 and the 1969 was born.They made the 69 until dec.of 1969.You should be able to find something in your draw weight.bd

Offline IronJohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »
Well, there should be one floating around that's right-handed and 45-55# in good shape wouldn't ya think? I know I've been searching for at least 2 years and have yet to dig one up. Thanks for the numbers bowdoc and Jeff for reminding me how nice they really are! IJ
Fedora Bows, Easton Arrows, BigJim Quivers & Bear Razorheads!

Offline TBinMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Bowdoc - if you are OK selling it - let me know - otherwise I'm sure it be put to good use.

TRAP - thanks alot - I'll let you know if Bowdoc decides to hang onto his - I'll definitely take you up on your offer.

IronJohn - PM me - I might think about selling this one or maybe a trade of some sort if you are interested.  I like this bow alot but have a couple of others ('64 and '62 Kodiaks) that I shoot 99% of the time.

Terry
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
Those repro coins are coming....
       Kurt

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
I will pass on the sale for now and if we get really deperate we maybe will talk but lets search around a little longer before I break down and give it up..did you check out the 3 r's coin ?? I know them 3r's coins suck but are sometimes better then nothing.Kurt keep us posted...bowdoc

Offline TBinMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
Thanks Bowdoc - I think I'll wait a bit for one of Kurt's repro coins.
TRAP - thanks again for the offer - I guess I'll wait it out as many of you guys seem to think poorly of the 3-Rivers coins

I hope everyone here (and their families) has a great holiday season!
Terry
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »
Dang Doc, Now I can't even give these things away     :(   Just kidding, they are junk but serve as a filler till the right one comes along.  

I can't wait to see Kurts Repros.  There's a bunch of holes in bows out there just waiting to be filled.  

I may have the correct coin Terry but I don't know  how to tell for sure.  I'll take a pic and Doc and others can tell us if it's correct.

Look for a pic here in just a few minutes.  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
well its been a few minutes trapster.What the hell,did you have to go to wal mart or something...bowdoc

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
Got side tracked,  My youngest daughter was melting down.  I'm downloading them now. One moment.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
Here we go.  Pretty sure the coin on the left (in the bow) is the proper brass coin w.ith a 3Creeks beside for comparison

Trap

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »
I have to ask Kurt a question before I give it away.  Kurt do you need a brass and an aluminum coin for your repros.  

If it's the right coin I'll still give it to you Terry, but Kurt may need to use it for a bit first.  No big deal really, he has a Copper coin of mine now.

Please let me know Kurt, Trap

Offline TBinMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »
TRAP - great pictures - very cool to be able to see the right coin for bow. - And to see the 3-Rivers coin which really brings home what you guys are saying about the comparison to the real deal.
I would be very happy with whatever you need to do with the coin - just let me know.  If it doesn't work out for any reason - I'll pick up one from Kurt when his are ready.
I've said it before and probably will again - what a great place you guys make this site.
Terry
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
Terry I have a '68 Super that blew up on me last year and the coin is in good shape. Let me know if you haven't located one yet. Merry Christmas ya'll.................Grant

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
Grant after you jack the coin out of that bow you better be shipping me the file handle section of that Super K !!!!!!!!! somebody stold my Super k file last spring.They must have swaped them when I was not looking.I eneded up some plain looking osage file somehow....bd

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »
Uhhhh, okay Doc. I don't know whod've done such a thing,lol. Besides, I noticed you spruced it up a little. I'm real careful about using that file- I use others unless I'm in the field and mmmmmmiss and I haven't done that but three or four times since last spring. How much of that riser you want? I can send you the whole thing, detached limb and all if Terry doesn't rattle me up pretty quick. Talk to you soon,    Grant

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©