INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: NAILED A GOOD ONE  (Read 1264 times)

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
NAILED A GOOD ONE
« on: December 22, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
Interesting how collector's prices very with the economy

5 yrs ago I could not have touched this one for under $300.00

This is a time for buying...not selling.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NAILED A GOOD ONE
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »
Nice limbs did you get them ??

Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
My best sale I can recall on a set of limbs.I sold a set for about 375.00 plus shipping prior to 9-11.Back then buyers were nuts and money was flowing like wine......those days are gone for now...........bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
I won the auction and have already made payment.  I have not yet received them.

Doc,  Hopefully, buying collectible items right now is somewhat of an investment.  Eventually the ecnomy will turn around.

I have a pristine 1971 "B" riser.  It came with a set of 43# white limbs black tips.  Later I picked up a set 50# of Black with white tips, but they are not matching  serial numbers.  Story is that one limb broke and the owner sent them back on warranty.  Instead of replacing both limbs, Bear provided another limb that matched correctly.  I would prefer to have a correctly matched set.

The auction had crappy pictures so I hope the limbs are in decent condition.  If not, how much is it gonna cost to have them refinished, Doc.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
seller made a mistake with this statement: "Will not Sell or Ship outside of the United States"
as I would have been interested in a good set of no.2's   :readit:

But glad you got them Jack

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
FALK

Are you interested in a set of 50# Black with White tips with mismatched serial numbers, or 43# white limbs with black tips.  I also have Black with red tips, and Black with green tips.
One of my gereen tips is a set of 70# limbs.

I also have a set of Silvertip limbs for a Bear riser that go with my Brackenberyy riser that has the Bear clamps. Sweet setup. . However, not for sale right now.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
Jack please let me know on selling or tradeing off the Brack riser(I do'nt need the limbs) until I can get in on that one buying or tradeing.I would love to have that back as it did have a little sentamentel value to me being from the northwest.I have been needing to call Tom as well and ask if he was interested in selling or tradeing his off too.Hindsight is 20/20 on selling those but shi# happens.Thanks Jack and please keep me posted.bd

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
Jack,
thanks for the offers, but no.

I have my own 70# green tips and used them in Africa. Have red tips no.1 (68#) on the way and no.3 (71#) since long. Also have white tips no.1 (60#) - but I dont have any no.2's to play with ...

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Doc

I would consider selling it now, but I may have too much in it.  I paid Phil $700 forthe riser alone.  As I recall, Tom has less than that in his, with a set of limbs.

As you well know, the leone brothrs though a lot of their colelctible bows.  However, it was an auction and I stepped up to it.  They are worth what someone is willing to pay, and I did.

I would haveto get what I have in it, plus shipping.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
Hummmmmm I will have to talk to the boss after the holiday and see what things are looking like.Was that 7-ish with the limbs or just the riser ?? Heck I may through my 1959 on the clasifieds and see how it goes.Will keep ya posted asap.Thanks jack bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
Doc

Unfortunately, that was for just the riser.

Like I said, I may have too much in it.

You know that it is one of only two made.  In the supply and demand driven market, there is not much of a suppy, but then there may not be much of a demand either.  Of course I know there are certain Bear risers that will bring more than that, but there is a nice demand for them.

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
nice one Jack.  :)

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
Jack-
I think you did very good on that one - good job.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Oh yes Jack I know the supply and demand.I will keep you posted.I was just wondering if you had a spear room at your place.I will need a kind of large bedroom as I have lots of stuff.She would most likely kill me if I buy anymore archery tackle.I'll keep working on her.bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
My basement work room is already set up with a fireplace, if you can stand to sleep on an air mattress surrounded by over 80 bows hanging on the wall.  We can work up a trade off for rent vs lots of bow refinishing

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »
My card reads Have Spray Gun Will Travel,wire bowdoc Seattle...bd

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »
You are a real "PALADIN"

Sad thing is that not half of the TradGangers will know what that means.

Offline Takedown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 10:00:00 AM »
Papalapin,
You are right about that! Gosh, I miss those old shows! Palidin, Palidin, where do you roam.....!
The original "Man In Black". He was one bad ass!

I loved all of those old western shows on TV.
Harry.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
Whooops that should say...Have spray gun will travel reads the card of a man.Bowdoc bowdoc where do you roam.To Jack's house to live if I buy his riser...now put that to music and you will have a great day singing that one...bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »
Richard Boon...

Kept a deringerin his belt buckle.

I have a Holiday Rambler Motor Home.

The bottom of my camping card reads

"Have Holiday, will Ramble"

Only one I liked better than Paladin was William Boyd..."Hopalong Cassidy"...but that was even further back.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©