INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Broadhead Collecting  (Read 1109 times)

Offline wp_bowmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Broadhead Collecting
« on: December 24, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
Well I have decided to start collecting broadheads. I have very few starting out, so any help will be greatly appreciated. A few tradgangers have already started to help me. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cody

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadhead Collecting
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
Whatch got so far?

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
Cody:
What are you going to collect? Glue on's or Screw-ins, Both?
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline wp_bowmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
I am going to collect glue ons. I will get a pic of what I have so far up later today.

Offline wp_bowmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »

This is what I have so far. Some of them are pretty dirty and rusty, I have been using vinegar to clean them. What do you guys use to clean your broadheads? Also I was wondering if you guys could post some pics of your display cases?

Offline wp_bowmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
Anybody?

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »
You are coming down with a disease and the only cure is to obtain more heads.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
You need Raghorn
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
Vinegar?!? arrrgh!    :eek:  
All alum parts will be eaten away from the acid and I bet it will speed up the rusting in high carbon blades - as shown in the Hill head in your last picture - and many others.

IMO you would be better off with steel wool and a drop of light oil maybe. But of course, the steel wool will scratch paint, ferrules and blades on certain heads. Take it easy and take your time and cleaning bhds can be fun.
I mostly use a rag and elbow grease. If needed I take bamboo "picks" (?word; not toothpicks, but kind of only longer, for BBQ) to scratch harder dirt particles off. They can be cut to shape and are pretty hard but not TOO hard.

Your "little" collection might be dirty and scorched but, I see something I dont have    :(   and you obviously got three of them. If you dont know what to do with your Timberwolves - send one to me    :wavey:  

Via my profil you should be able to find my website. My kind of display racks cant be missed over there.

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
bowmaster:
For cleaning the heads I would suggest some WD40 and a old tooth brush. the WD will loosen most crud and the tooth brush will not cause damage to the finish. some might require soaking in the WD too loosen stubborn particles.
I would also suggest joining the ABCC (American Broadhead collectors Club) its only $20 a year and well worth the investment. The annual meeting will be at the Compton gathering in Mich in June where you can see some great collections and get all kinds of free advise and information.
Too join contact Greg Schwehr his email is [email protected]
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
Hi Jack,
Cody and I have been talking. I already prescribed the correct medication for his aliment.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
Holy moly wp your gonna have to buy yourself a broadhead collecters guide so as to ID all your heads....Your a sick man...I been sick most of my life too and you will only get sicker as time goes on.You will not long for the cheap broadheads anymore but the hundreds if not thousand dollar broadheads.Get your self some help before its to late for you..bowdoc

Offline Ron Roehrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
Cody, I packed up some freebies for you and they are rust free.I will mail them monday. Enjoy Ron.

Offline ilarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
It is truely a addictive hobbie,,,,my collection is very small but I'm working on it.

If anyone would like to help me make it bigger, I would really love that but I don't want to step on anyones toes.
Brent Wolber
IBEP Instructor
I live for ARCHERY!

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
Brent;
You need to join ABCC.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©