INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: BLACK W/ WHITE TIPS - GOT 'EM  (Read 837 times)

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
BLACK W/ WHITE TIPS - GOT 'EM
« on: December 29, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
I just received the black lims w/white tips that I got from e8ay.

You know how it goes...what ya see is what ya get...and you can see just so much in the pics on e8ay.

Well this was a good one.  The limbs look like brand new original finish, the only drawback being a very slight yellowing on the white tips, and one hard to see very slight scratch on the belly of the lower limb.

If they are refinished, someone did a beautiful job on them.

I am psyched....less than $200.00 delivered.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BLACK W/ WHITE TIPS - GOT 'EM
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
Good job jack. You did good on them.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »
I love those white tip limbs.They are the best lookers and shooters..bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
I prefer the white tips you did Doc, but these are the originals, so to re tip them would be sacriligeous.

Wish I could post some good pictures of them.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
Gosh damnit Jack original condition too.You need to get the pics figured out.Man this drives me nuts when I can't see something so sweet.Eeeespecialy white tippers I love the looks of those limbs.I don't give a rats ass about seeing a pic of the Mona Leeza or any of that stuff at all actually.But I sure would like to see some pics of those limbs mounted and strung.Now thats a bow profile to be proud of.I personaly do'nt think there is a better looking bow braced up that a Bear T/D......bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »
OK Ok Jack could not show us pics of his new limbs so I gonna show you mine.I love those  white tippers.bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
Doc

Mine aren't quite as yellowed as yours.  They are now mounted on my pristine '70 "B" riser with premier sight and 3 red ring pins.   PURTY!!

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
Alright I'll ask....Why the hell is there a gator head behind the limbs ! ! !
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
I have a set of 53# No. 3s that I've had since I was a kid so to speak (1977). They have super narrow white tips like a long bow and the limbs are very narrow out toward the tips, very similar to black widow limbs. And they do perform well. It is amazing how different some of the limbs are from each other, kind of like snow flakes I guess there all different.
Just to ad I've recently noticed that if I brace these limbs up (#3s) until you can see a little of the string grove they shoot smoother at shorter draws. I shoot them with an A riser, and they throb if there not braced up real high almost like a supermag. They also seem to be quicker when set up that way.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
You found the "Sweet spot"

Too many of us look at the manufacturers suggested brace height and set it there.  IF you take the time to play around with different brace heights, you can eventyally tune your bow to perfection.  Every bow has a "sweet spot" brace height,  very few of us ever find it.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »
Gator head is going to be snapped onto Jack's ass if he don't get them pics working.Now its ever worse because I thought he was going to mount that on a green stripe.But he's gotta mount them to an original B and make us suffer even more to NOT see her real beauty....bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
Best I can do is to see if I can figure out my wifes digital camera and try to send the pics to you to post here.  Remember I am Technologically Challenged.

As far as the gator on my ass, keep in mind that I am 100% authentic "COONASS".  It won't be the first time that a gator has tried to bite my butt, and bigger ones than that.

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Papalapin; I'm seeing that same brace height effect with my other #3 limbs sets as well. It makes sense, I doubt if they intended for the string to lay on the limbs outside of the string groove. It's just with the short a riser with the longer limbs you have to twist that string up quite a bit to get it there. I also have some 70# #3s that I have a 20 strand dacron for and they shoot better braced up till the string groove shows. Have some other #3s as well.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
READ IT AND WEEP

I e-mailed the seller to let him know I got the limbs OK and asked if he knew the history o the bow

His repiy

"Hello, I got the bow from a freind of my dads. I got it in 1983 when I was 14 years old and started hunting small game with it in an old grave yard by our house. I shot two deer with it in 1989  both were does. In 1990 I put it on a shelf and bought a compound bow and hunted with the compound till 2000. I went back to traditional archery, I went back to my parents house to get the recurve from the shelf, I got the limbs first and when I went for the riser it fell on the floor and broke the ends off. The limbs have been in my closet and I forgot about them till one day I was cleaning and found them again. I all most threw them in the trash, I put them on **** so some one could use them. I hope they bring you lots of joy like they did for me. Have a Happy New Year..Gary"

THREW AWAY A FIRST YEAR TAKEDOWN RISER BECAUSE IT WAS BROKE!!!!!!!!!!  :knothead:

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
TTT for the Bowdoc to find

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
:biglaugh:

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
NOT   :scared:    :mad:    :knothead:    :banghead:

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
Thats even funnier then I thought...I've dropped several myself and seen several that have fallen from treestands but I've never seen one break.How would you like to have been the trach man that day huh ? bd

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
What could have broke off the end?   The clamp?

That could be replaced!!

Heck, I'll give him $100 for it sight unseen.

He never replied back to me when I asked if he happened to still have the riser.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©