INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: pearson bows  (Read 442 times)

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
pearson bows
« on: January 02, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
Older Pearson Hunter 709 on the bay, how did they feel and shoot?
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: pearson bows
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
The Pearson Hunter is a pretty good shooter and very popular in the zebra wood.  It was Pearsons version of the Red Wing Hunter.

The 53# is hard to find as most hunting bows during that period were 45# and lower.  In really good condition, as this one seams to be, it will be a very desirable bow.

With 11 bids and $140.00 at this time, it speaks for itself as to it's popularity.

The true value of Pearson bows is beginning to catch on.  You can usually expect to pick up Pearsons pretty cheap, and they are good solid shooters.  Latley though, they seem to have been going for bigger bucks.  It's about time they get the respect they deserve.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »
I'v never shot a Pearson Hunter, but I do have a Locksley Wildcat, which is the exact same thing.  Locksley is one of Pearson's other brand names, and the Wildcate is the Hunter in that line.  Mine is only 43#.  It was a replacement bow when my '63 Red Wing Hunter cracked up, back in '63.  It is a good shooter.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »
Thanks for the information guys. I shoot vintage bears, never had a pearson. My son shoots for pearson, so i would like to try one. I did put a bid in on the hunter, but spent the day with my wife at the hospital. If i had known for sure i wanted it, i would have went higher. Thanks again for your answers.
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline The Bushmaster #5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
I love them all. But the 58 bushmaster is the one for me.>>>>>>>----------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©