INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Who's work is this?  (Read 691 times)

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
Who's work is this?
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
I just got this one and am starting the clean-up process. Does anyone know the maker? The tips are really cool with the wedge of what looks like rosewood between the glass.
  The side of the riser has 16144 stamped into it with handheld letter punches.       Thanks
Hunting elk in Oregon and hunting for Bears everywhere! (Grayling Bears!)

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who's work is this?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
Don't know, but what a beauty
Maybe Hoyt?
        Kurt

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
I believe your bow is a "Gordon", The model appears to be a "Royal Monarch" or a "Custom". If you send me an email at [email protected] I will send you a picture of the complete line of Gordon Bows or if you have Doug Kittredge's "Archer's Bible" from 1961-62 there are 2 pages pertaining to Gordon Bows. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post the picture to this post or I would.
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »
Mighty handsome overlay.

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully I'll be able to nail it down with your these ideas. Here's one more pic of the tip I probably should have included the first time.    Thanks!
Hunting elk in Oregon and hunting for Bears everywhere! (Grayling Bears!)

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

Offline NumPls

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
The bow reminds me of some made by the Gordon, Fasco, Browning chain (I think that they all had bows made in a shop in San Diego, CA). The only bows that I have seen with 4 limb laminations came from one of those companies. And, they sometimes wrote the bow information on the edge of the limb laminations below the grip. In addition, the lines of the riser look a lot like a Browning bow the Apollo, if I have the model right), and the overlays on the belly remind me of the overlays on one or more Browning bows, for example, the Browning Challenge.

Ray

Offline NumPls

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
Oh! A name that I left out was Deluxe Composite. I am sure that Deluxe Composite made bows for Browning.

Ray

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
The overlays and riser look like a Pearson Mustang and the white glass. Tip overlays too. but the green glass and the laminations on the belly of the handle are different.

sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©