INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Walnut Prototype Signature Bear TD  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Walnut Prototype Signature Bear TD
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »
Anybody (You to Wade)  What's the quickest way to post a photo on here ????? moose

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
Pictures have to be first downloaded on photobucket and then copied there and pasted here.

Moose, If you want to send it to me by email I'll post it for you untill you get the PB thing figured out.

[email protected]

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
Hello Trap:  Joined Photobucket no problem. Uploaded and image and copied it but can't paste it here.  What am I doing wrong ???

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »
Moose, below the picture you will find three codes.  click on the IMG code and once it's highlighted you can copy and paste the code that's in the box to the right of where it says IMG code.

I have to click on the image to make the 3 codes below show up.  

Hope that's clear, I'm not the best at giving instr.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Hi Trap: I think I got it...Lets see what size

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
Lets see if this comes out better in size. I'm learning a new gim mick with photobucket.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Moose, if you go back into Photobucket, directly under where it ask you to choose files there is a dropdown menu that has the option 640 X 480.  Photobucket will resize the photos for you.

Trap

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
Trap: I found it to late. My photos are way to large. Also I apologize for using this post for experimenting. Thank you for your help really.
moose

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 04:52:00 AM »
Looking good Moose you almost got the pic 600 X 480 I think is the largest the pics can be.Hang in there.bd

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »
This is a photograph of Fred Bear’s elbow with a Left Hand Prototype T/D that has the glass on the belly and the accent stripes ending 1-1/2 inches from the latches. Wood appears to be Walnut, but hard to distinguish as photograph is grainy. Not sure if photograph is published in any Bear documentation as this one came to me from the vault at Bear in Gainesville some years back. This is just a small cut out portion of a much larger photograph of Fred.

"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
That one sure looks walnut-ie to me too.One other though is that one has a much different looking grip that what the 2000 series type S.Looks as if it has a little raised palm swell.Cool bow right there thanks Wade.bd

Offline sticknstring+

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
This is amazing info guys! Thanks for posting.
Hunting elk in Oregon and hunting for Bears everywhere! (Grayling Bears!)

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
Is that a standard or a specially designed quiver? - Simon

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Looks like an 8 arrow with bolt on bottom and upper spring arm.

Trap

Offline Abear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
The proto design for the B was put into production in the origional configuration,It was produced in futurewood for a limited time ,Due to cost and time  it was changed early in production to the current design in which the accent stripe ends at the latch assembly i have a pic of some of the first B in futurewood and they are made just like the origional PROTO

Offline Abear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
I wish I had one ,they look like great shooters but there availability is limited and price is astronomical

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
Abear - Thank you for your input about the PROTO design being used on the early production B Risers.

Can you post of photograph of the early production T/D for us to see?

BowDoc - It is probably the appropriate time for me to ask if you can post of photograph of either of the T/Ds that you mentioned, the ones that look like the PROTO, that is with the glass ending 1-1/2" from the Latches. If you do not have photographs, can you give me the contact information for Mike St. John and George Johnson so I can contact them for photographs to show their bows for comparisons.

I believe everyone who has followed this thread, or may follow it in the future, will want all the facts. If in the future, other original Walnut PROTO bow surface, we should all be able to easily identify them as being legitimate or questionable. Again, finding out the real facts is my only objective in this matter.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline Abear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
                                                                                                                                               This is one of Al Readers bows ,If you need to know anything about the Bear T/D he is the man

Offline Abear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »
The furture wood riser short overlays.Now if someone will cut loss with the pic of the Bear Archery A handle with the short glass we will have seen all of them.Bob Weggel had the A last I knew.Wow small world maybe you can post a pic of Al's Mike StJohn handle for me ? thanks bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©