INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: ? about bow with pics--updated  (Read 888 times)

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
? about bow with pics--updated
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
I just posted a question about this bow on the pow wow and several guys told me I need to do some research on this bow so anything you could tell me about it would be great I can not find a name on it with the paint on it but it does have the serial# on the lower limb 87099. I am not sure how to make a link to my ? on the pow wow but here are some pics..          
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Online Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ? about bow with pics--updated
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »
it's looks to be a HITT bow maybe some one on here can tell u more great looking bow.
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline LONGBOWKID

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »
The only limbs I have seen similar to that were those on a Bill Stewart Multi-Cam, or atleast I think thats the correct name.

Good luck on your search...
Turkey Creek Longbows
60" 46#@29"
62" 51@29"
62" 61#@29"
62" 77#@29"

Holm-Made Osprey
60" 67#@29"

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »
Theres a Bill Stewart T/D multicam, listed in the classifieds right now,different shape unless he changed them over time,
I'm betting on a Hit, pretty cool laminations

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »
That is definitely a Bud Hit bow.

The multi cam limbs are one indication, but the way the limbs are mounted is another.  He actually made the limbs separately like the takedowms of today, then bolted them in place and covered the bold heads with a block of wood.

Bud recently started making bows again.  Instead of a run of a model, he now makes them one at at time, no two alike. with exotic woods and designs.  He just had one up on e8ay recently.

He is best knowwn for is "Hit Black Ace" with inlaid mother of pearl.  Beautiful bows.

You have a real keeper and a collectible there.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »
Bud's work for sure......bd

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
Thanks for the info guys now I have a project to work on and here I thought the limbs were screwed up but that is the design very cool. I have to remove the paint off the limbs, and the glue is starting to let loose where the limbs are connected to the riser so maybe I need the BOWDOC or at least some guidance as I love shooting this bow it is very dead in the hand.
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
That looks exactly like one that just sold on the "auction site." Are you the guy that won it? If so , it was advertised in the auction as a budd hitt bow.

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
No Bill I have had this bow for several years.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
Bill

Bud Hitt's original bow line was officially HIT bows.

The new ones he is making are officially HITT bows.

This is commented on in the interview I listed above.
\\If you see a HITT bow for sale, it is one of his newer, one of a kind,

If you see a HIT bow, it is one of his older models.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
Well here it is all cleaned up, I emailed Mr. Hitt and he says it is not his bow but a very good copy of his design the one thing he pointed out was that he never used aluminum in his riser and I took a better picture of the riser to see the two strips. (aluminum?)So now I wonder who made this bow I also took a picture of the serial number and I am going to send him some pics of it all cleaned up.  

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
Thats a cool repro then Henry,
Sure wish Bows could talk sometimes.
         Kurt
Good job on the clean up.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©