3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alaska tradgangers!!!  (Read 949 times)

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alaska tradgangers!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 12:11:00 AM »
well huh, I met him on many occasions, even stopped by the house in coldfoot a time or three.   New mexico, didnt like the winters in wiseman?   Last I heard he was doing ecotourism like Dirk.   I wonder, he must be flying for deltana then would be my guess?

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 12:33:00 AM »
yeah deltana i think that is right.  well he actualy liked coldfoot more than anywhere else he had been.  he was forced to quit flying for the troopers due to some medical problems from when he was struck by lightning.  but all of the beddingfields have been know to get into some crazy life ventures and one after another.  
    i spent a christmas there, we spent christmas eve in a snow hut 60 below.  ive been hunting with them a few times in bethel and coldfoot, shot some caribou.  my father went on a trip with him about every year where ever they were living, some pretty good times.

Offline j.j.johnston

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
If you guys bump into Curt, Call him POPEYE, a nickname he got while at a gun school.  Great guy, and yes he did shoot the heavy longbows, I believe he got one of mine.
60" Toelke Whistler 42@28
60” Toelke Chinook T/D 47@28
60" Toelke Whistler T/D 52@29
60” Toelke Whistler T/D 45@28

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
popeye eh...well I had and still have the opportunity to guide for them if I wanted too.  Having a hard time giving up my sheep season and not being able to hunt at all.  Great guys though, spent a  nite with them at happy valley.  Buddy of mine is the ones brother inlaw.  

Anyways, if I get to see curt again, I'll try to remember that one.   Good company either way, but struck by lightening....I'm gonna have to walk in and out now, ugg.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »
im shure ill talk to him in the next few months ill pass it along.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
One of the Juneauites here.

CB flew into a place I was holed up in waiting for a pickup after a moose float.  He checked my license and osage selfbow out and flew off. I asked him if he'd radio my pilot for an early out and he said the next day when he got to Galena.  Didn't happen so I had to wait even longer than expected....

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
boy I was waiting for that one Stevo.   I still wonder about that, if he did or didn't.

That just doesnt fit his MO......not saying he might have forgot, but realizing his position and experience up there, I highly doubt he didnt or wouldnt......

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
i would almost be certian that he tried,  i think that he would do almost anything to help someone out if it were possible.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
You'd think so.  All's I know is my pilot said they didn't receive a call.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
youll never know.  there are so many things that could have happened,  maybe he pulled the same move his son did and land on a sand bar to pee and got his cub stuck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©