INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: anderson archery corp. big game hunter recurve bow  (Read 589 times)

Offline weezy

• Trad Bowhunter
anderson archery corp. big game hunter recurve bow
« on: January 23, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
looking for any information on this bow.
not able to post photos; but could e-mail some to you if you think you can help.
on inside of 1 limb it has ( anderson archery corporation grand ledge michigan)  on the other it says big game hunter with a ram or sheeps head.
it's 35# at 28 inch and 58 inch amo. so for i've found it may have been made between 1972-1976 by dickie roberts.
any help is appreciated.
any idea of it's value?
TRADITIONAL ARCHERY
It's been in my blood for 40 plus  years.
It's priceless!

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anderson archery corp. big game hunter recurve bow
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
I didn't know Dickie Roberts made bows for other companies?
I have a Dickies "Smiglodon" really don't know much about it either, other than its a pretty good shooter, he's best known for the Dickies "Fireball"
Value??
Kinda depends on if you find a buyer.

Somebody might chime in with more info on Anderson Bow co.
            Kurt

Offline The Great Jashu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
I posted this in your thread in pow wow too. Here is what I know about Andersons.

Andersons was a big archery shop in Grand ledge for many years. They went out of business around 1997. They were "the" big archery shop in Michigan for many years. I dont know when they opened. I grew up not far from there and bought my first bows there when I was a kid. Actually met Fred Bear there when I was 12... in 1982. He signed a copy of the Archers Bible for me, and I still have it.

That bow looks an awful lot like a Bear Grizzly. I had no idea they had their own bow. It would'nt surprise me if Bear had built the bow for Andersons.
No hunter should feel guilty for killing a deer that doesnt meet someone else's expectations.

Offline weezy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
larry surtees posted some photos for me on pow wow if you'd like to look.

thanks , larry, very nice of you.
TRADITIONAL ARCHERY
It's been in my blood for 40 plus  years.
It's priceless!

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
Anderson was also a big catalog sales outlet like the Kittridge Bow Hut.  They both had their own private lable line of bows, but they had someone else make them,  Both of these private lable bow lines as I remember were a step down from the big brand names, offering a good solid affordable bow for those that could not step up to the price of a Bear, Pearson, Wing, etc...

I have an old Anderson catalog that I keep at the office.  I will check it Monday.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »
Oh yes well said...kind of like Sears line of Bear bows.Some did carry one Bear label but some did not carry any label at all...Wing Howatt Bear Old Ben lots of manufacturing went on for private labels back in the day..bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©