INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: E.B Holcomb 59 replica - info/potential FS  (Read 778 times)

Offline RonB

• Trad Bowhunter
E.B Holcomb 59 replica - info/potential FS
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
Hi all - I got a E.B. Holcomb recurve via a trade for a Tomahawk long bow last summer - the bow was painted over in camo.  I don't think the seller knew what it was and I certainly didn't either.  Anyway - it is absolutely beaufiful 60 inches and 45 lbs.  In removing the paint with acetone and a LOT of elbow grease (it took my probably over 20 combined hours to do it) - I took some of the over-finish off - certainly not through the fiberglass.  I honestly have more bows than I need and pretty much have gone from shooting a gazillion arrows a day to just bowfishing now.  I am curious as to it's worth - I know you would need pictures and will take some and email em to you.  The bow is blond maple with dark birdseye maple in the sight window and has the dark maple I Beam (i think it's called).  Any idea of what I should ask for it would be appreciated.  Again, clueless here.

Ron   or [email protected]

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: E.B Holcomb 59 replica - info/potential FS
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:55:00 PM »
Sounds like Ed's 57 Kodiak repro.  

I bought my Holcomb 59 Kodiak Repro 60" 55# two years ago for $325.00 if that helps.

Nice bows

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
I've owned several of Ed's bow and it may be a repro of a 1959 also.The price would range from 300.00-400.00 somewhere around there.bd

Offline RonB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
thanks very much!  ron

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
I had the '57 repro with a lacewood sight window a few years ago-57# and 60". I got it off **** for 212.00 and sold it two years later back to the same seller for the same amount.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »
Geez who would camo paint a nice bow like a Holcomb?

Offline RonB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:23:00 AM »
The camo job was actually really nice - when I started chipping away w. my thumb I almost crapped myself.  It is probably one of the most beautiful bows I've ever owned (or seen).  I'm not familiar with the "originals" by Bear - but I can't imagine them being any better than this one. I talked to Mr. Holcomb a few times - he's actually offered to refinish it for me - I'm on the fence about selling it.  It's featherlight, a beauty and although I only shot it a couple times - it REALLY zips an arrow.

Offline tonto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »
Ed is a real good guy. His bows have a very nice finish on them. I dont think he is making very many anymore. I have one of his I only wish he had the orange glass when I got mine.
Dean

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©