INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Seller Greybarr at Kzoo over pice stuff  (Read 657 times)

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Seller Greybarr at Kzoo over pice stuff
« on: February 01, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »
Hello Guys, Well I was at Kzoo this past weekend there was a seller I was thing the name was greybeard something. Well To me this guy was over priced every thing he can get his hands one yes I know we need to make a living but also there is a limet. Like he was selling a Hickory selfbow for $150 when he only told the guy is was wroth only $20 cause I came back later to see what new stuff he had. I know if I dont like it I dont need to buy from him but I would like to know what u guys think about this. He had very nice old bear bows thats he was only buying for $30 to 100 then selling them for $250-750.
The only bow he had that was close to $800 was an Bear T/D which the riser was beat to hell. The limbs where in very bad shape. He wanted $750 for that bow. He wanted to buy a bow I had for $15 I told him no then asked him what he would have sold it for He told me mosy likey $50 because the year it was made. Sorry for the long story.
I just wanted to let u guys know about him...
Take Care,

Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Seller Greybarr at Kzoo over pice stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
sounds like Lonnie to me...he has a great Grizzly display.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »
Hey guys it was not Lonnie he is a great guy to buy from...

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »
Cody, I think you are talking about Greybarr Traditional Archery.

I've dealt with him at local events before and he seemed very fair.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
I've seen a lot of these dealers charging high prices.  Bottem line is that they are in business.  When you figure what it cost him to pay a vendor fee, haul all of his merchandise to the event, and all otehr associated cost, they haeve to make a good profit, or they could not even think of going.

Just because their prices are high does not make them a dishonest dealer.  There is no MSRP on an old bow.  It is what the traffic will bear.

Most guys attending these things have  a general idea of what a bow is worth.  They can choose to pay the price, or walk away.

If I sell a bow to one of them for $50.00, I do not expect to walk past their booth and see it with a price tag of $60.00 on it.  I would expect to see the price at least doubled.

I guarantee you that when you got to any retail store they have a 100% markup on their merchandise.  IF not they could not stay in business.

Just my thoughts.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline 450 marlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »
The last two years he lost out on sales to me because he didn't have prices on bows and would not put a value on them till he was totally set up...most dealers have items priced before they leave home or have a reference paper with prices.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
I do not know this dealer...never heard of him 'til now.  I am speaking of trad bow dealers in general.

I know Lynn Busby of Traditional Arcehry Sales has some stout prices on his stuff.  But when you figure the expense he has to go through to travel to an event, invest in all the bows he has to bring, to maybe sell 5 or 6, he has to make a profit on his stuff to do better than just cover his expenses.  If not, he had just as soon stay home.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
Hello Guys, 450 marlin when I would asked for the price for of one his bows that had no price he would look at me and ask what do u think I would tell him and then he would say well still to low so then he would up it by two. There was an old kids bows no price I told him $30 for it he said no to low then wanted $55 or $60 for it.4runr that is the name thanks,

Cody

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
I saw the bear t/d when cody was shooting it, it had a twisted lower limb and the latches were in bad shape, riser wasn't much better.
 so i guess you can't knock a guy for trying to sell at any price.
  The guy up by the front door, don't know his name had a bear t/d wood riser that had bondo build up in the grip area and rust on the latches, $200.00 dont know if this was good or not but i passed on it

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
I am with Papalapin he seems to understand the concept of the dealers. If I sell a bow for 50.00 to someone and see it for sale later for 150.00 it does not bother me in the least. The guys are just doing something they enjoy and trying to make a buck in the process.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
Wow, Bondo on the grip. That must have been a real craftsman there! LOL

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
Gottta say it guys

I don't agree with bashing dealers on this forum.

If a dealer has a bow for sale that you think is too high...don't buy it.

A Bear takedown with bent and rusty clamps, bondo on the riser, etc... is not the best buy in the world...pass it up.

How would it be if I came on here and bashed Bowdoc or Rich for wanting to charge me too much to refinish a bow.  The price might be to high in my opinion, for my pocket book, but that doesn't make them dishonest.

We know we have guys like AIG Plastic buying choice bows on e8ay and trippling th price.  If we don't want to pay his price ...don't bid.  Buyer beware.

I don't like guys coming on here and bashing anyone just so they can post and shoot their mouths off.  You could really be damaging someones reputation who may be an otherwise honest dealer.  We don't always know all the facts.  If he is a scumbucket,degenerant, his reputation will spread and he will be responsible for his own demise.  Let's not encourage those that make these kind of posts by agreeing with them...at least not here.

Just my thoughts

Offline Jason buhl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 08:49:00 AM »
Well said.

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
Well put Jack !
Wheelin-n-Dealin .. ...thats what it all about. There's to much stuff out there to pickup without knocking someone else....if you can't find a price that you both like you move on. If its something that you don't see offen and you may pay a little more....but there's always items we find that are a steal for the price...it all works out....The dealer will get tired of hauling it around and the price will come down you just have to be there at that moment.......Bill
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
I agree with Jack also! We shouldn't be bashing someone thats trying to make a Buck $, unless they're being dishonest.    
                            KYArcher

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
i don't think anyone said the dealer was dishonest, just to high priced on a product,i agree that if you don,t like the price you don't have to buy it, thats why i passed,

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
Guys I am not bashing dealers AT ALL I was just saying he was way over priced and I am not the only person to say so at the expo... That is why I aslo did not buy from him....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©