INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kodiak Magnum..wich bowquiver for ?  (Read 583 times)

Offline Cinghiale

• Trad Bowhunter
Kodiak Magnum..wich bowquiver for ?
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
I've recently refinished an 1970 Bear Kodiak Magnum, on the Bear medaillon side there are two small holes with insert to screw in a bow quiver.
One at each end of the riser about meet the limbs. I'm not so able to restore to the original so I prefere to leave like was intended to use from his previous owner...still vintage it is.
Please show me some pics what I have to look for on ****.
Thank for your help

In memory of my old hunting partner Silberio : VIVA MARIA !

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kodiak Magnum..wich bowquiver for ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »
Can you post pics?  

It sounds like you have aftermarket inserts intended for use with maybe a Great Northern Side Mount or Delta type quivers.

I'm sure other quivers with adjustable lengths would work.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
I believe there was a Bear set up with bushings near the ends of the riser for this type of quiver.

Looks like about the right vintage to me, but I am a beginner at this historical stuff.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
I actually have one of those quivers.  If that's what you are looking for Armando, PM me and we'll work something out.  

It was shoved down in a nimrod quiver that I bought on the bay.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
Cinghiale
You can also use the double short spring arm quivers.
Bear was doing some modifications on their existing quivers to accommodate the new compounds in 1970 rather than create a new quiver. The 8 arrow quiver that Shaun mentions above was a bit later and is a great quiver because of it's length. It was available in a 4 and 8 arrow model. Both brackets can be moved on the wire frame to position the quiver to suit you.
The early modified quivers were the short 4 and 8 arrow. What is the hole spacing on your inserts?
If about 9 1/2" then I can help.

I have a long 4 arrow new in the box, and a short 8 arrow which will fit the 9 1/2"spacing(pictures below).  

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©