INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Just scored on something neat !!!!  (Read 1232 times)

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Just scored on something neat !!!!
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »
My plan is to put one of these in a couple of Gobblers this Spring.

Item number 190285382687

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just scored on something neat !!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
From what I have read they work great!!! Don't understand why they are not still around. The spiders that is, shot a couple deer with the Savora's. Was not impressed

PS Daryl I was trying to save the guys some money, from going over there    :D    

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
Interesting, good find.
                            .....Scott

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
I knew there was a reason I never tried one...use with any hollow arrow.I don't got any hollow arrows...bd

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
Those Savora broadheads take me back, killed my first whitetail with a Savora head. Some kind of genaric alum. arrow out of a Bear Whitetail hunter. I just brought that old Whitetail hunter home last weekend from my dads, it had been hanging in his shed on a nail for years.
                  ......Scott

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
Thanks for posting the pic Brent, not bad for .99 huh?  

Mike Shaw featured them in an "Archery Gadgets" thread here recently.  I don't shoot aluminum arrows, but I guess I'll be getting a few.  Anyone know what size shaft they fit in.  Increased FOC and a string tracking device all in one.  Pretty cool.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline The Great Jashu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
How does that thing work Daryl?
No hunter should feel guilty for killing a deer that doesnt meet someone else's expectations.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
I reckon you could epoxy one to the side of a Sweetland Doc  :bigsmyl:  

Trap

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
Drillman Doc

:biglaugh:

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
Nice score Daryl..We used them back in the late 1960's and recovered a few deer with them. I have 3 micro-flite arrows on that big auction site that have shaft spiders in them...Mike
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
How do I add a link to Mike's gadget thread to explain these to folks?

I've never had any but I'm going to try them.

Trap

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Your welcome Daryl, you did not have any competition those are great auctions! nice score  :thumbsup:

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
What size Micro flites are needed for a 50# bow at 28 inch draw Mike?  

If you do a search here for "archery gadgets" you can get more info guys and it's a neat thread that is worth reading.  Mikes auction listing does a pretty good job of explaining them also 120376713169

Dont bid on them though, I can buy those and preserve mine in the original package    :bigsmyl:  

Trap

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
You know, come to think of it my first archery kill was with a Savora as well. Does "swept wing" ring a bell to anyone?  I think that's what it was.  I wont be keeping the Savoras long.

I quickly switched to Zwickeys when I realized I could shoot them into dirt butts for a month and then sharpen them and go hunting with them while everyone else went back to the archery shop and bought new broadheads  :D  

Trap

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
Trap,
A number 7 should be right for that bow.
The Shaft spider fits into the hole at the rear of the converta insert. The thread goes through the shaft and out a hole between the fletch and the nock, and is secured to the shaft with a piece of bent velcro. The other side of the velcro is on the belly side of the window positioned where the piece on the arrow can catch an be pulled from the arrow along with the thread. There is 1800 ft of thread, generally enough to do the job. It will work even on a shoot through. Nothing to tie on, no string slowing the flight, no string snagging on branches, no loud sound of string peeling off a spool. Just remove an arrow from your quiver and put it on the bow and shoot -same as always. The only problem was the other arrows in the bow quiver would sometimes get a rattle/pinging  sound of the bobbin hit the arrow wall at the shot, the smaller the arrow diameter the less chance of that. On a rare occasion the bobbin will let loose of thread and it can accumulate at the nock end. I don't remember that happening to me, probaly someone else told me that. I still have a few around here, we used them for bear hunting back in the 80s.

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »
Daryl...Those arrows are dead on the money for your 50# @28"...Just checked the old Micro-flite hunting arrow chart....Mike
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
I'm sure a # 7 will work also...I shoot a # 6 with my 45# K/Hunter..Fly like darts!
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 11:02:00 PM »
Ron and Mike, thanks for the tips.  It will be fun to play with.  Glad to hear they really work.  Wonder why they failed to sell?

Trap

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©