INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Root Warrior ?  (Read 647 times)

Offline flitz

• Trad Bowhunter
Root Warrior ?
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
Watching one on the big site.Bow looks nice withh just some fine stress cracks.Bow is 60in #9212.Any info on Root bows would be helpful.Not much info to be found.Later Flitz
TO THE HUNT

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Root Warrior ?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Root made some nice bows in the 60's. Target models included the Targetmaster, and Fieldmaster. They also made hunting bows the Fieldmaster, Warrior and Ranger as well as other models. They were quality bows with wood overlays on the tips. Shakespeare bought out Root around 1970 and continued to sell the Root bows. The marking changed from ROOT to Root by Shakespeare after the buy out.

Offline bearmagtd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
Check the lenght of the bow. The warrior was almost always a short 52 to 54 inch AMO. bow. That model cam out around the late 60's just befor Root was sold to Shakespear. They are well made very good shooter. Root went on to become the maker of the Golden Eagle take downs in the early 70's then under Pro Line. Root line goes back to the late 40's. Ernie Root was more a target archery them a hunter. Mose Root bows sold for about 15% less then the model from Bear that was close to it. I have some from the mid 50's that sill shot nice today. The warrior was I think the shortest model made.

Offline 57Lancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
The Root Warrior I have is a 58"-60# at 28" #C6003 this is a flat shooting little bow. The wood on the riser is nicely figured with brown glass on front and back limbs.

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
This is another lefty....I was going to go for it...but seeings how I just got that Super Griz...I'll lay off, Flitz, so it's all yours. Ought to go fairly cheap...Good Luck...

Tom I.

Offline flitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
I was going to jump on the Super Grizz today.Good thing you waited it came down some rare on that site.Let me know if it is as clean as it looks.Enjoy it.Flitz
TO THE HUNT

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
Well, Flitz....it went off for $63.00 and change.
Hope it was you...good buy.....

Tom I.

Offline flitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
backed off did not like the holes in the riser.maybe to picky there will be more.plus i am partial to Bears.keep me updated on yours
TO THE HUNT

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©