INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: River Raisin or Tom Moran?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
River Raisin or Tom Moran?
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Any history on either would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: River Raisin or Tom Moran?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
Hello Tom makes river raising bows but this is the history form... U need to post this in the pow wow form......

Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
I changed info to history. I looked at the pow wow and it dosen't seem to fit there. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Tom or his bows. I would think that would cover past and present tense. Maybe someone collects them and could share a little history.
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
So what do u want to know about him ???

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
Oh I don't know. How about--- How long has he been making them? Does anyone own one? If so can you post a picture of it? Do they like it? Are they good shooters? Where does he hail from? Does he make recurves or long bows? Is there a website? How much do they cost? How much are they worth? Are they custom made to order? Or does he make stock bows? Has anyone ever met the man? Tom are you a member of Trad Gang? That would be a good start. Thanks.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
Well U need to ask before some one can give u feed back... I know tom very good as he lives here in MI.. He has no web page. He has a day job and makes then as a hobby. the ones I have shoot are great but thats me. I would tell u to try and shoot one before u go out and buy one.. there about $400-600 there worth ever penny... As I know he only makes longbows... are u looking to by one if u want more info like email address send me a PM... and no toms is not a member as I say.. But if I where u put this post on the pow wow as there are many people who are from MI that don't get on this form......
Any thing ele's I can help u with ??????

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Cody.....decaf !
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »
Chill out Cody

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
Thanks Cody. I've acquired 2 without having heard much about them. I like them alot. Just wondering about the man, his bows, and what others thought of them. This is a rare night for me to get time to sit down and play. Maybe I'll find time to send him some pics of mine and ask him about them. PM sent. Thanks again.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
I don't know why I need to chill out guys I am fine I was just saying I needed info before I could give feed back... But I will be the nice guy and say sorry every one....

Take care and god bless,

Cody

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 02:39:00 AM »
He does make a recurve.I have seen a few pics of them.The bows look real nice and have comfortable looking grips.Thats about all I know

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
Hello Steelhead, Thanks I was thinking he only made longbows cause I have  only seen him at the Lonbow shoot... I would like to shoot one of his recurve.......

Cody

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
Hello Garlin,
He's just a short distance from me, Monroe Mi.48161. You should be able to get his number to call. He was on a local TV show not long ago and had about 4 models of his bows to pick from. I see them at MBH banquets he donates them to.
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©