INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Its about time!  (Read 1346 times)

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
Its about time!
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »
Hello  to all, I thought I’d take a few minutes to introduce myself  here , I have been making a few posting and most of you guys most likely don’t know me. I’ve been hunting since the mid sixties and collecting those type items that we use in the field. I really enjoy taking some of the collection around to shows, shoots and banquets and talking about such things. I’m 56 years old , married to my wife Debbie or 35 yr. have two children Bill 29yr. Jennifer 27yr. Debbie and Jennifer usually help me setup the displays, they don’t quite like it as much as me but they tell me it makes them  happy to watch me when I start talking to people as they come by to look at the display’s, I’d say I’m real fortunate to have a  understanding family that understands the addiction.I really like this site and the people here seem to be down to earth. Thanks for taking time to read this.     So here’s some pic’s of the Michigan Deer & Turkey Show I just setup at last weekend.

[IMG]]
I guess thats enough for now.........thanks   :goldtooth:
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Its about time!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
How bout a picture of You, I cannot put your face with your name. But know I have admired your display at the shows.  You had this ugly guy in your booth.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
Thanks Bill that was great I just love looking at those items.
Hormoan your sight window is on the wrong side of your bow in that pic....turn your bow over....bd

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »
Here's one i just found fast. I work the grave yard shift, talk later...Bill
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
Thanks for the tip Doc, but the window is on the RIGHT SIDE   :D

Ya I can connect the face with the display, now. It is a very nice collection   :thumbsup:  It was a pleasure to view it thank you!!! And to officially meet you!  

Brent

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Great stuff, very nice display. I like the portable cases.    :thumbsup:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Very cool bunch of history there.

Thanks for contributing.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
Bill – Thanks for posting the photographs. Great job! You have really been busy adding to your displays since the last time I saw them.

I can pick out dozens exceptional items that are nearly lost in the photographs. You need to post a few hundred Close Ups so we can all see everything a lot better. LOL Would be nice to have that much server space for photographs.

May have even located a few articles in your photographs for consideration in trade for my duplicate, unused, rare, 1940 item that you want so desperately… Trade negotiations are always so much fun when the other party is helplessly committed to acquiring that specific item regardless of what it takes to close the deal… LOL

You might want to post a close up of your pheasant with the Shotgun Arrowhead.  That’s always interesting.

Looking forward to examining your displays closer at Compton. Which reminds me, I best get busy updating some displays, Compton is only 4 months away… For active collectors of old archery tackle,  building and renovating displays is a never ending project, but always fun!!!

Bill – Keep up the good work.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
Well I think I know this man LOL,

[IMG]
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
Great thread!  What an interesting collection.  Wish I were closer to examine some of those specimens a little closer.  Who is the gentleman featured on the left side of the 4th photo?

Thanks,
Tom I.

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »
thanks Bill.great pics.  :thumbsup:

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
Welcome aboard.

We need you here.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »
Tom - The fellow in the on the left side of the case in 4th photograph down is Karl E. Palmatier. Shown to the right of his photograph is his Compton Medal of Honor, the NFAA's highest award.

Karl was also awarded the Thompson Medal of Honor, the NAA's highest award (not shown in this display).

Karl Palmatier was also an inductee in the initial class of the Archery Hall of Fame, along with Fred Bear, Howard Hill, Russ Hoogerhyde, Ann Weber Hoyt, Ben Pearson and J. Maurice Thompson. Looks like it might be Karl’s Archery Hall of Fame plaque under his Compton Medal of Honor.

Very few men have received all three of these highest of honors from the archery community.

This photograph is the first time I have seen this display, but it appears that everything in the left side of the case is Karl’s… including his straight end Grumley bow…

Truly an incredible display of some very historically significant items from one of Archery’s least known, all-time-greats.

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
Hi Guy's ...glad you like them.
Brent...I'm glad you liked the displays, looks like you came along way to be at the show.

Chuck....the case's are nice for holding alot of items being double sided but sometimes hard to display so people can see both sides.

Ken....Thanks

Cody...thanks for the picture...I don't have many with me with the displays.

Tom...thanks...I can always send a picture of certain items. Arrows from Art Young to Barbed Zwickey's

Joseph....I'm glad you like the pictures

Jack....I think this is a great place to be, there is alot of knowledge that is shared here.

Wade....Thanks for the prase you have always been there to answer my questions and point me in the right direction. And I'm always open for trading....I know there are some items from 1937 that would be nice to take around here in Michigan .
Here is another photo of the Shotgun Arrow, It shoots 9 missle loaded in a tube on a Flu-Flu Arrow.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
Incredible display,  

Is that the arrow that Fred used to take that Lion?

Welcome Bill, Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
Darly....thats what Floyd Eccleston said on video when he talked about the arrow he received from Fred to put in his Great Lakes Archery Museum

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing pics of your collection, it is certainly something to be proud of.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
Very nice. Some good folks on this site.

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
Sure wish you traveling display guy's, made it to the west coast.

Welcome Bill,
What are the vertical lines, near the handle on the bow that's 2nd from the left in the bow display?

Beautiful displays
    Kurt

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 12:55:00 AM »
Bill - You mention Floyd's Great Lakes Archery Museum in your last post...

This is a photograph of Floyd's 8 foot long sign that was on the front of his archery shop...

Floyd's enlarged handwritten note on the right side says these three lines...

Fred Bear always said
"Happy Hunting"
Me too Floyd Eccleston

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©