INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Not sure what all is going on here....  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Not sure what all is going on here....
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
There have been several complaints about this forum lately.  I don't want any complaints or any problems....but I do understand they arise from time to time.

Anyhow, I hope those that hang out here have not lost sight of what this forum is for, what its about, or the rules of the site about respecting each other.

If you want to be abrasive, make rude and crude remarks, smart off, or get short with folks and disrespect one another.....please do you and me both a favor and find another place to hang out.

Thanks for listening.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not sure what all is going on here....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
Wow, I am new to this site and have not experienced this on any of the threads or subforums which is why i keep coming back. esp here and the knife forum. Tradgang is a special place where i have learned an enormous amout from many.

Terry thanks to you and all the mods for keeping it an enjoyable site.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
TERRY

I haven't noticed anything like that here.  Unless it is some individual's perception of us playfully picking on each other, which we do all of the time.

As a group we try to police the threads and not let anything appropriate appear.  Of course we each have our own perception of what is appropriate.

I think I can speak for everyone here that we appreciate the atmosphere that you have mandated  "expect to be respected", and for the most part, I see that here.   :thumbsup:
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »
Jack...I hear ya...I really don't come here much, and like I said...I don't really know what all has transpired here either.

Maybe some folks were reading things the wrong way....maybe not.  Just a friendly reminder that's all.

With everything in this world seemingly being in a backwards whirlwind Trad Gang needs to continue to be an escape for all of us.

Just want to make sure we are looking after each other and not out to get one another.  :campfire:

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
Terry

Thank you for your concern.

We want to keep it that way.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
No worries Jack....and like I said...I didn't even come in here and 'investigate' and the complaints didn't list any names...so I'm not singling anyone out what so ever.  Just a general statement of concern.

Take care guys....

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
Thank you Terry and staff for keeping TG up and running strong..Guy's if there is a problem we need to drop it whatever it may be.There is nothing worth getting ticked off about on an old used bow..Please lets keep this place clean and safe for all users..bd

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
None of us are moderators...however, we owe it to ourselves to be our own monitors.  If we see new users come on and make post that we know are not appropriate by the syandards here, we should PM them and make them aware of the rules.  This can be done very couteously without jumping down someones thoat.

I love this forum.  It is my principal hang out.  If I see someone about to mess it up for all of us, I will PM him with advice on posting here.  If he (she) continues, I will report him (her) to a moderator in a heart beat.  If I am the culprit, I expect you guys to do the same to me.

I hope the reports Terry is getting is from someone that misunderstood a comment and got his feelings hurt.  I also hope I don't have to send you guys to sensitivity training so we don't get misunderstood.

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »
Maybe I am missing something, I haven't seen any rude, crude or abrasive comments at all. I got to believe there is a misunderstanding.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
I've noticed nothing here. All milk and honey. Other then making fum of Bowdocs shorts and thoise toothpicks he call's legs - all is well here.

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
My feelings get hurt sometimes when someone show their huge bow collection. Other than that, I find this forum very civilized. Just my take.

-Simon

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
This Is also my main hang out...I sure hope we can all get back to what we do best...Hang out and talk bow stuff!   :campfire:
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
Well now that it is out in the open the bowdoc is really teasing us all with pics of our bows on that looong restoration 101 thread!!  :mad:  
Make him get them finished! I want my 1963, it is the Bubinga type ll!  :p

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
Bjorn...That bow is the cats nuts!  I have a spot for her if your out of room.   :D
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Mike

Best not refer to feline testicles here...it might get us sanctioned.  :knothead:

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
Sorry Jack... make that the bees knees   "[dntthnk]"
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
Mike 'Bee' is obviously a name of a member of the female-dare I say 'sex'? And references to female body parts are to be discouraged in a family setting.  :readit:

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Ok OK ... Oh my Bjorn that is a very pretty bow   :biglaugh:
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
"Oh my Bjorn" could be taken wrong to
 Sorry could not resist

All those bows look good

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »
I post from time to time here, and all sure seams  well here I have always been respected which is cool cause I am not in the click and shouldnt be havent paid my dues anyhow If I think back over six months ago I remember a regular here that was very short to a new guy here well I dont think he was here before or after It seams like I remember him being a kid or something he may have had his feelings hurt but other than that one incident I dont remember anything
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©