Author Topic: Val?  (Read 736 times)

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
Val?
« on: February 20, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
A while back, BD, Bjorn and Abear were talking about someone named Val,

Can you guys tell us more about him?
Could you post any pics of his work?

When you were speaking of his work it sounded distinctive, why?

I have heard his name mentioned by some live guru's here, but have never seen his work or heard his "story"   :coffee:  

Thanks
          Kurt

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Val?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »
There was a man named Val Sorrentino that passed away. That may be him. He was supposed to have made a nice bow and was a well known trad guy from New Jersey.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
That would be him.Val was just another super cool guy who loved old bows Fred Bear and everything about them.Val built several different models of bows himself long bows and recurves both.Val called his recurves Little Delta...I got a few pics I will look for.Val also make fridge magnets and things of that nature with Fred's pic on them...super cool dude.little of Vals handy work.Fred and Bob on the bridge mouse pad from Val....bd  

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
these bows all came from his personal collection after his passing...bd     little more of Vals handy work.He made these Bear coins...bd    again Val did the tip overlays on both his 1959 Kodiak Specials  

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
Thank you guys

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
hey kurt here's another one of Val's coins.This one has a pin on the back so you can stick it to your hat or quiver with a jewelry clip.Val made tons of different types key chains and odds and ends then sold a state fairs and trade shows...bd    

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »
That's a cool hat pin.  I see the wheels turning Kurt  ;)  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
trap its the same size as a bear coin.There is one of his coins also in his 1959 Kodiak Specal 64" 52#er I'am selling..
Kurt for 2.50 I will tell ya how Val made those ? OK forget the 2.50.They are cast out of lead.pretty cool huh ? bd

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »
Hmmmm
You guys are killing me,I can't get the 1st idea out and your feeding me more.

BD whats up with the riser with the limbs lopped off?

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by the real bowdoc:
1959 Kodiak Specal 64" 52#er I'am selling..
I haven't seen that one listed yet...!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
It's the bottom bow in the pic above Jeremy.  I don't believe he has listed them anywhere yet.  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
that would be Val.We'll all miss him.I actually should have said on consignment rather then selling.Selling sounds cheap.No I have not listed them.I have a couple things to get finished up today and will shoot both bows if it stops raining and make sure all's well..
Kurt I got the no limber the same place.I thought it was pretty cool and Val may have been working on relimbing it at some point..bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©