INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 1937 - Michigan's First B&A Deer  (Read 1629 times)

Offline brickchoper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1937 - Michigan's First B&A Deer
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »
Good stuff wade!! Being a life long bow hunter, and living in michigan all my life. Allways cool to read about our roots. My father was an avid bow hunter, born and raised in Roscomon mich. When he started to bow hunt, when he was a kid. The pepole thought of him as being touched in the head. Well maybee we all are just a little. He still goes up to deer camp with us. And goes out with bow in hand. Even though now its not so much to shoot a deer. But to be in the woods. Hes a life member of the royal oak archers. And has many stories of how the bow season was set in to place. By some of the older members. They had to prove to the mich dnr, that they could shoot through 1/4" plate steel. With a broad head. A man called Jack Skanes. who made the broad head and arrow. was a club member. Got to ask my dad about some more info on this. But the arrow penatrated the steel. And the dnr let us then have our season. Anyways more good history Thanks wade. Jim

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
Doc - Glad you were able to identify your arrow as a Ben Pearson from the photographs posted. I would leave it as it is rather then re-feather that damaged feather.

Jim - Lots of great old items to see and lots of interesting information to be discovered about the old days.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
William VanVorst , This is one of his signed arrow on a Rounsevelle Rhom arrow with a 1936 Rounsevelle Rhom Broadhead, identification made in the traditional Broadheads 1871 to 1971 book.

A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©