INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Help me identify a HOYT recurve wood riser  (Read 595 times)

Offline leemovie

• Trad Bowhunter
Help me identify a HOYT recurve wood riser
« on: February 27, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »
I can't find any information on this riser.All I know is that it is made by HOYT. It looks similar to Hoyt Hunt master. And some say that Hoyt hunt master is the same as PSE Impala. I wonder if the limbs from a PSE impala can fit this riser. Any tips on where to get a pair of limbs for this riser will be much appreciated.

Offline bkupris

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help me identify a HOYT recurve wood riser
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
Looks to me like a budget target riser. We get loads of very similar risers with matching limbs over here and target archery clubs buy them for beginners courses and novices to use until they buy their own kit.
Brian Kupris

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
If it is a "Huntmaster", I would assume it is a hunting bow.  What weight limbs are with it?
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
I have a Hoyt Hunt Master (actually it is currenetly on the big auction site) I have compared your pic to my riser and I think the shape is almost identical - big diffference on color though - mine is black.

Offline NumPls

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »
This is a budget-bow riser and looks very similar to one that PSE used to market several years ago; they called it a BullsEye, as I recall. Those bows were made in Korea, but I do not know by whom. Since the PSE bows like this came with a maximum draw weight of 35#, I would not over that weight.

I would start looking at a Hoyt dealer for limbs. I have another possible source, but will not be able to speak with him until next week.

Ray

Offline leemovie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by PAPALAPIN:
If it is a "Huntmaster", I would assume it is a hunting bow.  What weight limbs are with it?
Right now, I don't have any limbs for it. that's why I'm looking for information on what limbs can go on this riser. I only need limbs under 40 lb for target shooting practise. They go easy on your back:)

Offline leemovie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by NumPls:
This is a budget-bow riser and looks very similar to one that PSE used to market several years ago; they called it a BullsEye, as I recall. Those bows were made in Korea, but I do not know by whom. Since the PSE bows like this came with a maximum draw weight of 35#, I would not over that weight.

I would start looking at a Hoyt dealer for limbs. I have another possible source, but will not be able to speak with him until next week.

Ray
Thanks for the info. PSE has a model called buckeye right now, but it looks different. So bullseye is discountined?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©