INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: bear polar semi-recurve  (Read 609 times)

Offline fatherof5foxes

• Trad Bowhunter
bear polar semi-recurve
« on: March 12, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
i am new to TRAD GANG, just like to say nice forum.  does anyone have any pics of a fred bear polar semi-recurve?  or know where i can find some?  also any info on the polar sem would be great.  thanks

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bear polar semi-recurve
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
Hello and welcome

try this link  http://www.fredbear-online.com/
On the left, there is the site map in which there is the Bear Archery Bow identifier. At the bottom of that page, you’ll have a choice of many models and dates.

-Simon

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
Which one would you like a picture of?  :)
I have a '55, '56, '57 and a '59 (though technically that's a recurve, but just barely).

I like the old Polars.
Here's the '55

Here's the '59

My '56 is similar to the '55, except it has the purpleheart trim to the riser and silkscreens instead of the decals.  The '57 is RH instead of the earlier dual shelf... it's pretty beat up and needs a refinish.  The '59 is perfect.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
I have a couple that I'd sell, PM me if you are interested. I'd have to go look to see what the years/poundage are. I think one is a dual shelf, 56 model and the other is about a 57 right hand. Both are in the 50# range if memory serves. Both are like new. I would make someone a good deal on the pair. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
PM sent re: '57ish Polar  :D
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Here are the pair I've got: CKruse

"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
A few more shots: CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
The R/L bow is a 1956. I like the purple heart spacer on the riser of this model.  The R/H is a 1957 or 1958. I don't believe there is a difference in the 57/58 model. CKruse

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
That's a nice pair!

I assume the scalloped vs. rounded sight windows on the '57 vs '58 hold true for the Polars... haven't seen enough of them to confirm though.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
That could be true Jeremy, I'm not sure either. In looking at the catalog pages, I just didn't see any difference. Of course we all know there were lots of variants that were not shown in the catalogs. Tough to say. CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
Off to the classifieds. Someone give this pair a new home! CKruse

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »
Photos don't show up Ckruse. How does the Polar compare to the Kodiak same vintage?

sam

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
Both bows were sold, then pics deleted. Sorry about that. CKruse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©