INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: My Newest Toy  (Read 403 times)

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
My Newest Toy
« on: March 12, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
My newest toy came today, but I haven't had the chnace to shoot it, yet.  I have 3 or 4 questions I would like to ask.

1. Is this a PM 1 or a PM 2?
2. Is this sight satndard?  Wha make is it?
3. Is the screw on the riser for a bow quiver, like the old Bears (holes appear to be in the right pattern)it's a 47#er?
4. Is there a way to tell it's age?

Thanks.

Phil
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Newest Toy
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
I think that one is an early rosewood riser PM.If there is a 1 right after the PM then its a PM 1(camera flash right on the number).I don't think the sight is original or let me say factory.Yes that sure does look like a Bear bushing screw and spike holes for a Bear quiver...Whats the length of your new toy ??? bd

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
66" 47@28, PM 2382, so that makes it a PM 2?  I guess someone had a heavy target bow that they used for hunting.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »
I'am not sure if that is a 2.It may be the serial number is PM2382 meaning 2382 PM built that year.thats a nail driveing machine right there.those are great shooting bows.bd

Offline NumPls

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »
No, this bow is a "1st edition" ProMedalist. The "2nd edition" had a 2 in front of the PM: 2PM****, and so forth for the others thru the 6 PM series ("6th edition"). The first ProMedalists did not have a digit in front of the PM.

I am sure that Hoyt did install sights on some of their bows, but I do not know if this one was installed by Hoyt or someone else later.

I take it that there are 2 screws in the riser spaced for a quiver? I guess someone could use the bow for hunting - a smooth and accurate shooter, I bet.

My best guess at the year would be 1963.

Ray

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
There is only one bushing in the riser.  The old Bear bow quivers had a bracket with one hole for a screw and 2 little protrusions on the bracket to hold the quiver straight.  That's why I suspect an old Bear quiver.

Thanks, Ray.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)

Offline NumPls

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »
Okay, Phil; I see those "dimples". What threw me was that the mount (screw) seems to be in the upper part of the riser - that appears to be the sight frame in the photo. Seeing the dimples is a give-away.

Ray

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©