3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Appreciate Great Attitudes  (Read 498 times)

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
Appreciate Great Attitudes
« on: December 05, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »
I've been on this site often on for probably five years and a member for I think 4 yrs I had a problem with my registration and lost my first ID so that's why I'm brokenArrow1 now , and I appreciate the attitude of people that talk with and the attitude of the people that expressed disagreement with others, they express their disagreements in a friendly attitude.  Matter of fact I've never seen anybody chew anybody out on this site, coming here is like setting down with friends at a card table and talking about old times.  People express their ideas and their thoughts just like as if they've known you for years, and hunted with you yesterday.

The reason I say this, it because I have shared threads and posted there links to the threads, because they are useful and helpful information to hunters, recently I did that to another site, and I have posted there threads with a link on this site, and no one ostracize me,or chewed me out and a matter of fact, I have been thanked for the information that was linked.

Recently I posted a thread from this site to another one, it was about ground blinds, it was really good information from here, and that's all I was posted it for.

Boy did they tare into me.  Like I was trying to take away their members or take their business, to a traditional bow site.  Their particular site is very self-centered, and cliquish.  I see that now. I did take their site out of my favorites discontinue my membership there.

So I appreciate what you guys are, and what you become, and what you give to others through your knowledge of what the woods have taught you.

The other site was a "wheel site" I go there just because I started there years ago, but I found I spend 10 times more time here, then I ever did there.  So thank you for who you all are.  And I have even seeing guys come on here and talk about their wheels, and the frustration they have with bouncing between traditional hand wheels, and the people on here have been gracious, and helpful in helping them in their frustration,

Now I have Turkey Creek Longbow, and I enjoy the simplicity of it.  And it's more natural, doesn't get me as much food right now, but maybe that will change, God is good in providing for me, so I imagine that in time I'll get my first deer, in Minnesota.

Thank you for your great attitude towards each other, and the craftsmanship of traditional archery.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Appreciate Great Attitudes
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
That why we call this our "Home"
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
This is where the last known communication with a decent human being was reported.Theyre still here too!Cool huh?   :bigsmyl:

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
I know what you mean, I frequent some other sites  to fullfill some of my other archery interests.  

This one is by far the most friendly and generous around.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
I know it is a little bit early, but I forgot to say:

Merry Christmas to all you  :goldtooth:

Offline Ausable

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »
Yes, this crew here at Tradgang is top shelf. I've learned a bunch here in the last few years and feel privileged to be a member.
McCullough Griffin x 2
Meland Pronghorn
Morrison Shawnee
Migliorato Mohawk

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 01:35:00 AM »
Yes, this is the absolute best online community I have ever had the honor of being around. These guys are always helpful and tolerate silly questions with a smile.

Offline DeltaBuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »
Yes this is a great site with great banter.  Although I do not post very often I look in almost everyday to see whats going on and what I might learn.  This site is so much more laid back compared to other archery sites I have been to.  I actually found it because I was turned off by all the hostility a certain archery site consistantly contained, and wanted a change.  Shortly after finding this site, I bought a recuve and a dozen cedar arrows. Well the arrows are gone, but I got some new ones, and my facination for traditional archery continues to grow (be it noted i am still using my training wheels to hunt with because i am not full confident with my traditional abilities yet.. I'll get there though).  So thanks guys for introducing me to my newest addiction. Classy site, classy folks.  I better get back to work before the boss comes by.  Merry Christmas to all.
"Deeds cannot dream what dreams can do"...  E.E. Cummings

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
Welcome aboard BrokenArrow1. Terry and the moderators do a great job on this site. We need to remember to thank them for their efforts on our behalf. Your words go a long way to telling them how much and why they are appreciated. Long live TradGang and traditional archery.  :thumbsup:

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
But Bill,

I've been here five years, we have to talk more !

Either that or your fading fast !

Quick, sell your bows before you hurt somebody   :biglaugh:  

Carl

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
BEST PLACE ON THE WEB!!!!HANDS DOWN
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »
"Quick, sell your bows before you hurt somebody   :thumbsup:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
yip mate some amazing people on this site, been on a lot of different forums but nothing even compares to tradgang, big thanks to all the moderators for the hard work keeping it top notch!!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Charlie Cole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
good people here. just plain nice, polite, generous, and funny enough to keep me rolling.

good people.

Thanks, Gang.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
I probably spend too much time here, but I thoroughly enjoy it.  There is a wealth of knowledge and some real class acts.  Thanks guys for providing a place we can take our "masks" off.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Robert Warnock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
I'm new to traditional to, I hardly ever post, but I visit this site several times a day.  I learn a lot from you all.

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
BA1 -- you got a good one going here! I've never descended as far as a wheelie site, but I wasted a lot of time on a "trad" site sponsored by a wheelie site that has zero apparent monitoring, morals, or manners, so that mindless jerks who can't argue issues and facts are free to spew personal attacks instead. Here, if you get out of line, you're gently slapped right back in! This is necessary and wonderful ... except of course when it's my own rancid screeds that get trimmed (-:  Yes, given the challenges our overly modern world faces today, this is as good as it likely gets. More power to us all ... pat, pat, pat of many diverse strong backs. Dave

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
What part of MN are you from, Carl?

Offline Chisler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
Yup, this is a great place.  Easy to spend more time here than I planned.  My kids hear me laughing and ask if I'm on trad gang.  thanks to all of you.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »
Blaine, Minnesota

And I hunted about 50 mi. north of here, but I had a few coyote reports, and so far three wolves.  Not looking good.  But I just moved up in June.  And come January, I will find some coyotes for target practice, because if you don't clean out the coyotes, you don't have deer.

I asked one guy, one day when I was hunting,
" did you see any deer"?  Yes one, with seven  coyotes chasing it, " did you shoot any" he said yes, one, but I'd like to get more.

Two days later I asked another guy did you see anything, yes, for bears, five coyotes and one deer, the coyotes were chasing the deer, I asked in the same thing did you shoot any, he said to me

" I am a deer Hunter, not a coyote Hunter" I should have given him the lecture on how if you don't shoot the coyotes you won't have deer around but I didn't.
This was during gun season, I had a Ruger 243, and all that took place on public land.

I've really enjoyed hunting on private land for the last four weeks for deer, I have passed on all my shots, because I thought they were too long.(30 +yrd)  But I've had some great experiences.

I understand that there is a traditional get-together at Bunker Hills, I am looking forward to going.  And have to get-together with some traditional people around here, but first I have to fined them.  I do have to get back into shooting every week.  I can use the indoor range where I work, Gander Mountain.  Doesn't cost anything, employee benefit.

But if you're close by PM me, and we will get together.

Carl

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©