INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: ID this bow ????  (Read 316 times)

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
ID this bow ????
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
     this bow is osage with black glass back with a maple lamb. under the glass, the glass is not of the weave type it is 62" long and is 60# and it shows this on my digital scale, it has HGB stamped in the glass just above grip, what you think?????

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ID this bow ????
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »
I believe the wood in the bow is lemonwood, not osage. The back is probably macarta, not glass. Have a few just like it, same lams in riser. The back can be black, white, brownish on the ones I've seen. Made by American Archery. Inexpensive bow in its day. Lots of them still around.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »
I think she's lemonwood also.Built by AA late 40's through the 50's and maybe some in the 60's.Yes correct again the backing is actually black paper micarta rather then fiberglass.Cool old bows.bowdoc

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »
Thanks guys, i was leaning toward Lemon Wood , but i don't know much about Lemon Wood, this wood does have a osage type of grain on the belly, but again i don't know much.
   A guy wanted me to take the limbs down to reduce the weight, I refused to do it but did make him a new string.    Thanks a lot

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©