INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear, Browning & corkscrew BH help  (Read 291 times)

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bear, Browning & corkscrew BH help
« on: April 01, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
A guy in town asked to put a $$ on these toys, you guys have any input.  I really do not know too much on these:

Bear Grizzy. Serial # KR73525 AMO 58"  40#. Grayling MI. Coin looks silver. Has a stabilizer bushing.  I guess fair condition, some scratches, not too bad.

Browning Nomad Stalker, serial # 4W2655-1  50# @ 52", two stabilizer bushings both upper & lower limbs, like for target FITA and a regular bushing in the riser location.  Has the paperwork, 1974.

Now for what I think is the "cool" items.  He has these cork screw twist Browning broadheads, he only wants to sell four of them.   :help:

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear, Browning & corkscrew BH help
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
There were several models of the Browning Serpentine that were produced. Some are very common, some are scarce and some are extremely rare and valuable. Would have to see a photograph to determine which model you have.

There are 8 different models of the Browning Serpentine shown on pages B-54 & 55 in "Broadheads 1871-1971 Identification and Rarity Guide, Second Edition". Half of the 8 are shown with a Rarity of from 1 to 8 known in collections. The other models are far more common.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear, Browning & corkscrew BH help
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
Thanks Wade, I will try to get some pictures and post them.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©