INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Can anyone Identify this ????  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
Can anyone Identify this ????
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
This is something that came out of a very popular archery shop in middle lower Michigan...Has anyone ever seen this or can anyone tell me what archery shop it came from.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can anyone Identify this ????
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
Bookend, where from????

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
Looks like a Browning limb end  and either elk or red stag shed.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
I thought the limb tip looked like a Browning or maybe Wing....I want to let this thread run a little bit to see if anyone can ID it.This item has a cool story behind it.

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
I have 4 Wings with a tip shaped like that, but none have black glass.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 06:49:00 AM »
I have no idea on that one.bd

Offline Steve P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
Don't remember seeing that in Chippewa Archery, but it's been a while (I almost cried when it closed). They were near Mt. Pleasant. Am I too far north?

Steve

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
That would make a really neat book end.

Waiting for the story behind it..  :coffee:
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
Yes,You are to far North.The business name starts with An------And his first two initials are JD

Offline mark land

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Anderson maybe??
They'll be no quitters till we bag us some critters!

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
Anderson Archery,Good job Mark..The big guy that owned it was called JD Anderson--I went to the auction & purchased this.Its all I could afford at the time.I went there just to get a momento from Andersons & see how much the mounts went for.If memory serves me they had Bob Mungers Polor Bear there.And several others.When I went over and paid for this thing, JD called over to me & asked if I knew what I just purchased.I told him No but I liked it.So the story goes.--Every year at Anderson archery all the employees were in a archery deer hunting contest among each other.This was the gag prize,  you would get if you got the smallest buck or got skunked all togeather.You got to hold on to it until the next year when someone else won it.He told me about the bow tip & shed but cant remember what the story was.Memorys goin....I had him sign it & off I went.I beleive that Bitzenburger purchased the Anderson building.

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
Rick,
What year was the auction? Just curious....
Thanks,
Tom I.

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
I'm really terrible with dates but I think it was in the early 70s????..Maybe late 60s...JD used to have an outdoor spectacular there every year.With a lot of vendors.Im sure that Fred Bear & a bunch of the legends were there at one time.There were quite a few of Bob Mungers prize mounts there & auctioned off.I had about 50.00 on me at the time & thought about robbing a bank or something.I would have loved to have purchased the Big Munger Bear.....Here is a couple of pictures of the Andersdon showroom & a picture of the Polor Bear.

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
I went to the Anderson Archery auction myself and ended up purchasing one of the large black & white posters of Fred Bear that they were auctioning off.There were several there,many signed by Fred Bear.Only three I believe sold to individuals at the auction,myself being one of them,all the others went to someone that put in a proxy bid.Jerry Anderson told me himself that he remembers the day Bob Munger's wife Phyllis had all these posters loaded in the back of a pick-up truck and drove them up to Grousehaven where Fred and Bob were at.Jerry said he personally watched Fred sign the posters in the back of the truck.They originally hung in Munger's hardware store in Charlotte.I believe the auction was actually around 2004.My poster now hangs on the wall of the archery dept. at Jay's Sporting Goods store in Clare Michigan along with a good portion of my Bear collection.It's an awesome poster,I just never had the space to hang it in my house so I figured it would be better appreciated where it is.The Anderson Archery Clinics were legendary and a great part of Michigan's archery history.

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
HOLY SMOKES
I can only dream of seeing an archery shop with that kind of selection, some of those bows look pretty incredible.
     Kurt
Clare Michigan? John, If I get to that way, you've given me a destination.

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
Thanks John for the info-Boy was I off on the date.Maybe I got the auction mixed up with the clinics.I cant beleive the auction was in 04..Should have documented it...Are you going to Compton this year..

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »
Also.John Do you remember what the Polor Bear sold for.Cant rermember that either.But I do remember thinking it sold low.

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
Kurt- Clare is almost smack dab in the middle of the lower peninsula.Easy to get to and a great store.Kinda like a mini-Cabelas.They did a great job of dispaying the collection on the wall.

Rick- I'm not positive on the year either.I did have paperwork with the poster and had Jerry sign and date the back of the poster as well but I don't have any of it in front of me.I know it's around that year.And yes,I am hoping to make it to Compton this year.I was planning on setting up a small display but don't know if that will happen.See ya' there.

Offline 450 marlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
That polar bear looks a lot like the one in Sault Ste. Marie at THE ANTLER'S Bar and Restraunt in the UP of Michigan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©