INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Dickie Roberts-First Fireballs+++++  (Read 406 times)

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
Dickie Roberts-First Fireballs+++++
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
Picked these up at a antique shop a few years ago.There was one lefty that I sold before I knew what I had.I talked to some people about Dickie Roberts & they told me he was still alive & well.I called him.He told me these were some of the first Fireballs that he made.Proto type...The little osage bow was one his uncle made him & the Bear Kodiak Static with Dickie Roberts carved in the handle was a bow he picked up on the way up north on hunting trip, because he had broken his hunting bow just before leaving.The lefty I sold was Dickies personal bow.He told me once they got up north & got out hunting they didn't see much of anything.He was board & got out his knife & carved his name in one side of the handle & carved a little man hunting with a bow on the other side.I'm told he was a very good archer.I'm going to put up a couple of pictures of them.

The two middle fireballs are the Proto-types

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dickie Roberts-First Fireballs+++++
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
Those are way cool for sure!

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
I'm not sure if Dickie Roberts came up with the double recurve limb system or Root.I've heard 2 different stories on it.

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
Great score

I set a buddy up with a Dickies Smiglodon recently, a very nice short bow, his grip design is very nice.
If it had the multi-cam limbs I would still have it.

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
The take down bow.picture on the left,is a 16#er..Boy does it flip an arrow for such low weight.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©