INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Ben Pearson Lord Mercury  (Read 618 times)

Offline Long Draw

• Trad Bowhunter
Ben Pearson Lord Mercury
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
I have a 66" Ben Pearson Lord Mercury bow. I don't much about them, so I was wondering if people have an interest in the old target type bows? I'm not even sure when it was made. I tried to find out something about it and read they actually had mercury installed in the bow to balance it or something.

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ben Pearson Lord Mercury
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
They run from 1968 -1972 there bouts. Yes they have mercury capsules in the upper and lower part of the riser
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
Riser is rosewood with accent stripes.. I have two Lord Mercury's and one Lady Mercury

one of the finest tournament bows ever made.  There is collectors value to it for those that collect Ben Pearsons, or fine tournament bows.

What is the draw weight?

Hard to put a value on them since old bows aew worth what someone will pay...no more, no less.  I have not see one on **** lately so it is hard to say what bidders would pay.  If you want to sell it, i would put it on ****, lots of good pictures and a clear accurate discription

The last one I bought was the Lady Mercury and I got it for $100, but that  wa an exceptional steal.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
There is a Lady, on over there on that site with 3 days left on her @ $449 now   :saywhat:

Offline Long Draw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©