INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Out of the dust....  (Read 914 times)

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Out of the dust....
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
Finally, the original Bear TD bow case. It has sewn-in limb sleeves x 4. All dividers are intact. Handles are good (1 nick) and zipper is fine. Saw one go on e--buy for over $150.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
Actually there are about 10-12% of early Bear take downs have the plunger button hole A's and B's both that was an oppsion then and was installed in many of them.I'am not saying the hole is not factory I'am saying the bushing is not a Bear factory bushing.Many A's and B's have the plunger hole however from the factory they had a nylon threaded set screw installed and a super small brass bushing.bd

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
Interesting. Part of the reason I decided to help my friend was the opportunity to learn more about these bows. I have another friend who has hunted multiple seasons with a 1970s wood A-Handle...and killed some fine animals with it too. He owns several A's, and also a B Signature in the case.

I'm beginning to get an approximate idea of value on these bows and items. I'm interested in opinions on how to best market them: Ebuy? Tradgang? Other?

Kevin

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
tough call on the marketing right now 6 of one half dozen of the other.Myself I would maybe list them here for a few days and if you don't get much action then do gbay maybe.As for some of the values like the C mag and limbs 250-300-ish the target limbs maybe 150.00-200.00 the heavier limbs maybe 200.00 - 250-275-ish.The A mag has 3 extra none factory holes and is missing the original strike plate and bear logo button but I still think those are in the 100-150-175-ish price range.And then the red T/D case yes someone did pay like 161.00 for a mint one I saw on the bay one time.I've purchased several myself and seen several sell for less then 50.00 also.Go figure thats gbay for ya...Again the prices are just a guestement...if I was fat right now I would like to buy the red tipers but I'am lieveing for bear hunting next month and pretty low on dough.Thats a great set of hunting weight limbs...thank you for showing the items...bowdoc

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 08:38:00 AM »
Kevin...
Thanks for the specs on the #1 limbs....they're too strong for these old shouders though....I'll just keep looking...
Tom I.

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »
Tom...I have an extra set of red tips
Stats
A=58"-45#
B-62"-43#
C=68"-39#
2-10942
  ;)
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »
Kevin

A sneaky way of determining value is to put each item on e8ay.  List a low starting price but have a very high reserve, and don't list what the reserve is.  Let's say you put the reserve at $6000 on the B riser signature bow.  let the bidders bid it up to see how high it goes.  If it does not reach reserve then there is no sale, and no e8ay fes.  Now you knoww what the bidders say the value is. Now you can offer it for sale at a small bit more than the bidders offered and be ready to negotiate a small discount.  Lots of trouble to go through but you would find out what is a fair value in today's market.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
I always just kind of check simule items myself rather then to hassle with gbay.I though tthere was a fee with reserve even if you do not make a sale.You can relist for free but I thought they charged for the first listing ??? bd

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
I understand the ebuy system...have bought and sold on there for several years. It's definitely on my list of potential methods to sell these items. Still, if an individual offers enough of a fair price, I'd rather sell straight out. A Tradganger would be a plus.

Kevin

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »
OOPS!!! - Learned something again.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©