INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: In Search of a '62 edited w/ PICS!!! Page 2  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
In Search of a '62 edited w/ PICS!!! Page 2
« on: May 04, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
Well I will be heading to the Baltimore Bowmen Tradition Classic in mid May. My buddies and I were going to do a round of shooting with our 62 Kodiaks. Another buddy of mine came over about a month ago to trade me a rifle that I had my eye on. He picked my '62 as compensation.

I was wondering if anybody out there had a right handed 45-50 pound '62 they were willing to part with so I could still "do the round." If not, I will just shoot my '62 Grizzly with them.

Please email pics and price needed to [email protected]

Thanx-
Bill

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: In Search of a '62 edited w/ PICS!!! Page 2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by Migra Bill:
If not, I will just shoot my '62 Grizzly with them.

TOTALLY unacceptable. Kodiaks ONLY!    :biglaugh:  

You know I'm kiddin' Bro'. Do some fancy talkin with Roy (450Marlin). Maybe you can sweet talk him.

Someone else has one for sale too. (No, not me, I'll PM ya')

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
Roy - You been called out....I think we've "done business" before...

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
Saw one or two of them on e8ay
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
Jack-
I searched E8ay- must have missed'em. Could you PM me the auction numbers?

Thanx-
Bill

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
Bill, I will be emailing you shortly. I can't believe I've stooped to this!   :eek:  CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
Dag gone Cam! You OK? Looks like you've been clearing the stable.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
cam no PM's we all what to see what your selling.bd

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
I'm raising funds for a new toy for me and my 12 year old daughter. Rest assured I'm hanging onto a few. I also need a set of 10 ply truck tires right now for the Dodge diesel! I get a little sick everytime I price a set! CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
Also, I've cooled down on **** due to higher commissions, hassles w/no money orders, etc. Selling them on here is more like keeping them in the family! CKruse

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »
Cam I was getting ready to sell some of bowdocs one step cleans shines and protect bow polish on gbay a while back.But they kept sayig I need a PP account.That means they are making even more money off me then before and I ai'nt going for it.I quit selling and buying there sometime back.It really sucks now because on top of the auction fee's you gotta cut them another 3-4%.bd

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »
This kiddo is turning into a real hunter! With 2 turkeys and one deer down in a year's time, she's well on her way. She will be bowhunting (with wheels of course) this fall. I'm saving to get us one of the little Kubota RTV 500 side by side utility vehicles. I know, not too Trad! But, it will be a blast to work over our hunting property with, haul stands, cut wood, clear brush, make trails, etc. Right now it's worth more to me to keep her involved in managing our hunting land and having fun with dad, than to have a hundred bows hanging in the basement. I will never stop collecting, but sometimes priorities will prevail! CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
Here she is with her 3rd place finish in her first 3D shoot. She still shoots her recurves and longbows, but in order to get her up to enough weight to effectively hunt with, she got a compound for Christmas. I have full confidence that by fall she will be good to go! CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
Bill, I apologize for hijacking your thread. I figured everyone was wondering what was going on with me as of late. No need to put me on suicide watch!   :wavey:  Just thinning the herd way down! CKruse

Offline seboomook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »
Sounds like a man with his priorities straight, right there.
They grow up and are gone too quickly.

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Cam,
 Excellent pics of your girl.That is great that she's enjoying hunting and shooting so much at a young age.My 19 year old daughter started out shooting a recurve when she was little and kinda grew away from it(dang boys!)but she's gotten a deer in each of the last two gun seasons here in Michigan.She shot her first,a seven-pointer,while sitting on my lap so she could see out of the blind we were in.It was great.She has it mounted and hanging on the wall in her bedroom.Gotta love those girls!

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
That's awesome. It's easy to get caught up in the challenge of traditional bowhunting, but we need to remember where MOST of us started out. Gun hunting. If we apply our standards of a challenge to our kids and everyone around us, in about one more generation we will be extinct. Now that doesn't mean I'm ready to share my archery season with the crossbows here in MO, but I do support whatever gets you into the woods, provided it is legal, ethical, fair chase hunting! CKruse

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
Cameron......Memories are the best things to collect anyway......they made alot of bows.  

Your in the running of Dad of the Year!
   ;)
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
Absolutely great teenage girl B-Room pic! My daughter is 11 and has taken the hunters safety course and I can only hope her room looks like your daughters!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
I saw one of those Kodiaks on the Bay...some guy called Plastic Egg or sumpin' was selling it.   :D  

Sure is good to see some common-sense gals growing up out there. Around here it seems like froof city. Bleaghhh.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©