INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: shooting gloves  (Read 412 times)

Offline johnnyc

• Trad Bowhunter
shooting gloves
« on: May 28, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »
I don't know if this is the right area of the site to post this.....but my wifes been shooting and we've been sharing a glove so I'm in the market for a new one.  I currently have a neet brand.  Just wondering if i could be pointed in the right direction if there is a particular make/model known to hold up.

To keep it a little on the collecting subject, I just bought my first old Bear.  Based on the serial # (starting with a 1), I'm thinking its a 1964 Grizzly since its zebrawood.  I swear I'm already shooting better, it grips different than my new gizzly  :)

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: shooting gloves
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:07:00 AM »
I use a damascus glove, they are good as any.

Sounds like a nice 64 griz, they came in zebrawood 1964 and 1965, the 1965 would have a serial number beginning with a 5.

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
I use the same and it's a really nice glove and holds up great. Also priced right. Large is for a good size man's hand, btw, like a size 10 men's glove.

sam

Offline Al H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
I have used Damascus before as well and they are a good glove.  They seem to be very soft leather.  Maybe it was just the style I had. My brother uses a black widow glove that is harder leather which is the same type I am using now.

Al
Al's Decals

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »
Right now I am using a Martin glove which I really like. However with a username like mine is there any doubt what other glove I am going to try?
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©