INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Compton June 19-21  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Compton June 19-21
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
Shaun - What day are you leaving for BearQuest?
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you all!

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
hormon, great maybe I will get to see u there...

Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 02:27:00 AM »
Wade, I am heading out Thursday the 11th and picking up Nate in Indiana for the drive out. I think we are done hunting on Friday the 19th then driving back from Quebec. Not sure if it will work to swing by Compton on the way home, but will do it if possible.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 06:12:00 AM »
I plan on going this will be my first time their.

doug77

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »
Not really a collector, but will be there with my eyes and ears tuned to anything Bear. Will look you up at your booth Wade.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
What are the chances or interest, in a scheduled. Get together and shoot part of the 3D course.   Naturally with our favorite vintage Bear bow!

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Hormoan.. give me a time and what day and I sure the hell will shoot with you...

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
Brent give me a call on my cell. We're coming up on Thursday afternoon. I'd enjoy a 3d shoot with all vintage gear!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »
Brent - I'd love to shoot with a group of guys, but when I've taken my gear, I've found there is never any time to go shoot. It is nearly impossible to get away from the display area, trading, meetings, etc. I'd especially hate to miss out on that rare Bear item that someone brought for me and have some other collector snatch it while I was out shooting... LOL We should at least try to schedule a time to get a photo of as many guys as possible. One of these years, I'm not going to take any displays with me and just enjoy the whole event as a shooter / spectator.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
I know what you are saying Wade, it is tough to sneak away from your booth. You guys with the booth's would have to pick the time that works, if one does. I don't remember what time your part of the building is open. So I guess if there is a free hour let us know.   :campfire:    :archer:

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
Brent,

Several of us collectors who post on Trad Gang will be camped right near the dinning hall. Most of us are usually up every morning and some of the first in the dinning hall when it opens. Right after breakfast we open the display area adjacent to the dinning hall and are generally around there all day. It is usually a little slow the first couple of hours in the morning. It begins to pick up after 9, so probably anytime around 9 would be good for us for a Trad Gang photograph. I will never be far from this display of Fred Bear's Personal Wooden Arrows and many of his broadheads that he made from 1932 to 1964.

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »
Hey guys... I will be around some time sat as I am coming for the day.. So I hope or maybe get one of your guy cell phone number as I would like to be in the photo as well.... or just if u guys need me pick up any thing on the way down there... If one of you lads want to send me a PM of your cell number I will add it in my phone..........

Cody

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
Wade......go ahead and shoot all day...I'll take care of anyone looking for you with that first ever prototype Bear..  :p    :D    ;)  I might not be able to shoot, with this neck injury I'm only able to get off a half doz. arrows before a long break. Its hard to get any practice in at all before a hunt.But sure would like to get together to talk and photo opt. I do take a good picture. ...from the right........Hink    :archer:
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
:biglaugh:

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
Wade,
The display box with Fred's arrow reminds me of the story in Bob Munden's book of one of the first times he met Fred.  They were both in the same hunting camp, perhaps Grousehaven, and, while hunting, knowingly wandered unto posted land of another club's.  Fred loosed an arrow at a deer and missed, but never found the arrow. Sometime later, an ad appeared in the classifieds of the local paper advising Fred Bear that he could claim his arrow by stopping by the club.  He had his name on the arrow. Munden doesn't say whether or not Fred risked
claiming his arrow.  Talk about leaving a calling card while trepassing....
Tom I.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
hey Wadester without me hijacking your thread what's the odd's of you coming to Denton in July ? I know there will be a ton of Al's closest friends and hunting buddies from NY.I spoke with Chris yesterday on the phone and he will be there for sure himself.
I'am going to try and make it this year pending on how sales are going between now and then.I do not believe we've seen each other sence maybe you and I passed by one another in Northwest Archery several year ago ????? let me know.bd

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »
Tom - I love Bob's story about Fred's lost arrow. I think every arrow should have the owner's name and address on it.

Doc - Hadn't planned on Denton this year. Only planning to make it to Compton. With Al and John both gone, I'm thinking I need to do more while I am still here.

Would guess the Michigan Bow Hunters will have a memorial service for John Grumley at one of the shoots this summer or fall. If it is in July or, I will offer to display John's Collection's which I believe would be a nice tribute to John and all the years of effort he put into preserving his father's bows and the early bows of Bear Archery.

If Denton falls close to the MBH function, I might take off for a few weeks on a road trip. Does Denton fall toward the end of July this year?

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
Wade, Denton Hill is the last full weekend of July;  7/23 thru 7/26.............Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline Abear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
WOW!!   :)  Doc ,Mabye Wade,whould that be a awsome year at denton!If you two show up your ears will fall of before its over .  :notworthy:  The people around the campfire alone will be huge

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©