INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: What's the Difference??  (Read 453 times)

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
What's the Difference??
« on: June 04, 2009, 01:07:00 AM »
What's the difference between a Bear Kodiak, Kodiak Hunter and Grizzly?? They must have made different models for a reason.

thanks
sam

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's the Difference??
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »
Different models, with different performance, different prices, for bowmen with different needs and different pocket books. Marketing 101, just like Chevy Corvette, Impala, Corvair, or other GM models. Bear was in business to make money selling archery tackle to most market segments and to grow.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »
I'll give you a real practical answer to that question.  I got married in 1965 and two years later decided to upgrage my crude solid fiberglass recurve with a "modern" Bear recurve.  The dealer had Kodiaks and Grizzlies on the rack and the Grizzly was in the neighborhood of $35 and the Kodiaks were approximately twice that much.  Factor in the bowquiver, arrows, etc and the bill was substantial for a person who was married and paying $102.50 per month rent and making peanuts.  I deperately wanted the Kodiak but walked out with the Grizzly due to cost alone.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Understood (the bow and the finance) reddogge. So It's why I bought the Chevy when I really wanted that Cadillac.

thanks
sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©