INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Installing bear quiver on Kodiak  (Read 513 times)

Offline NW Jamie

• Trad Bowhunter
Installing bear quiver on Kodiak
« on: June 13, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
I just picked up a nice 8 arrow adjustable spring arm quiver from a Trad member and plan on putting it on my 69 Kodiak hunter. The protective (rubber?) coating is in good shape on the spring arm, but I was wondering if you put any other protection between the arm and the bow? Just hate to wear off all of the coats of Tru oil that I just rubbed in. Any suggestions are always appreciated, thanks.
Regard’s,
Jim

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Installing bear quiver on Kodiak
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
I was wondering the same thing I bought a kodiak with one and took it off. I will be checking in to see what folks say.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
When I used one years ago I put a strip of felt under each spring arm it protect my bow and helped quiet the quiver down.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
You might try a section of bicycle intertube.  

One thing about TO, it's pretty easy to reapair that spot when you take the quiver off.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
No matter what you do, the Spring arm Quivers will mar the finish where they contact the limbs.

GET READY FOR IT.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline NW Jamie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
So I guess that just being older, or as I prefer to call myself "well seasoned", does not automatically mean one is smarter! Yes, the spring arm quiver looks really good on the bow and in fact the weight seems to have a nice stabilizing effect on the bow; BUT oh my is it ever noisy! CLANG GLANG with every shot. Yes, even with some soft leather pads under the arms, I see that the finish shows wear in just a few dozen shots. Thanks for your help, but I may just stay with back quiver and tie on a one-arrow stalker when I want an arrow close.
Regard’s,
Jim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©