INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: broadhead IDs  (Read 473 times)

Offline northland archer

• Trad Bowhunter
broadhead IDs
« on: July 03, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »
Where is the best place to find a book on identification of broadheads?  I have picked up a few old ones and want to know more about them.  Thanks for anything you can give me.

Thanks Much
Teach a child about Christ...then the bow.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: broadhead IDs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
Wade Phillips has the most extensive broadhead collectors guide known to man.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline northland archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
Any one know where i can find a copy?  I know they are limited.  Thanks for any direction.

thanks much
Treavor

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
You could also join the American Broadhead Collectors Club. Lots of books, lists, etc available there.

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »
Treavor - If you just want to have a few heads identified, it would be best to post photographs of them on this thread.

Most old broadheads can be easily identified by numerous collectors who frequent this site.

If you want to start seriously collecting broadheads, I would suggest that you reconsider as it is can easily become an addictive, obsessive and very expensive hobby.

If you want to join the American Broadhead Collector's Club, (ABCC) the dues are $20 per year. You can contact the ABCC Membership Chairman, Greg Schwehr at [email protected]

If you join the ABCC, I will send you one of my old Identification Guides for free. I have a reputation as a pretty tough negotiator so you probably will not be able to get a better price than free....

That should help get you started on the never ending road of collecting these rusted pieces of steel.

If you decide to join the ABCC, have Greg email me your mailing address and I will send you a care package that will also include some old broadheads.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline northland archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
Thanks Wade, I believe I will do just that.  Thanks for the warning, however, I have already developed a problem.  I am the most interested in the odd two blade heads and where they come from.  I will e-mail Greg and get my dues on the way.  Thanks again you have been very helpful.  

Thanks Much

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Your just a big old softy Wade,   :thumbsup:  to you.
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©