INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Help identifying a 'vintage' bow.  (Read 298 times)

Offline Sabes

• Trad Bowhunter
Help identifying a 'vintage' bow.
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I think I may have 'rescued' a vintage bow from a yard sale my mother was preparing for tomorrow. Somebody donated some items to her and one of them is a very beautiful looking 'Herter's' bow.

Let me qualify this post by saying that I know little to nothing about bow's. I've never shot one in my life.   :)  

My mother was going to list this for $10... I'm smart enough to know it's worth more than that.

I'll be upfront, we may sell it... or keep it... I think it's likely much better off in the hands of somebody who would put it to good use.

I did some digging around on the Internet and kept coming back to this site and a blog that mentioned this type of bow. ANY information somebody might be able to give me would be fantastic.

On the front of the bow, it says "Herter's" below it says "International Match CV17"

On the side, there is what I can only assume is a serial number. It's 91063115. There are two numbers above it too, they are 32 and 28"

We called my Mother's friend who gave it to her and she said she got it when she was young, paid $75 for it and it seems to be in remarkable shape.

Thanks a bunch in advance. Very much appreciated.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help identifying a 'vintage' bow.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »
thats a great bow and I would guess from the serial number and being a Herters bow it was built on 9-10-1963 and was the 115 bow built in that run.Not possitive but pretty sure thats what the ser.no.='s ... 32 and 28" would be 32 pounds of pull at 28" draw length.hope this helps.bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©