INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 60? 61? Bear Polar In need of help AGAIN  (Read 534 times)

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
60? 61? Bear Polar In need of help AGAIN
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
My MAIN problem swapping bows "regularly" is so many of them escape me in finding FACTS. I cant trade something without them....at least not wisely or with a clear conscious. Your help is needed, once again.

While not the cream of the crop, and lots of Polars around, I can find ZERO photos of 60 and 61 Polars. 1962 are easy to find and yep, know there are several versions it seems. The very early ones with red limbs....all over.

Did the 60 and 61s all blow up or what?

66inch, 44lb, pale green limbs, aluminum (it appears to ME) coin/medal, I-Beam and window one piece of assumed to be Rosewood. Black and white glass lams on riser back and limb tips.

In the shadow of "Bear..ied Treasures"   :notworthy:   , I know this question and interest in it pales by comparison but any help would be appreciated.

"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 60? 61? Bear Polar In need of help AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
The 1961 catalog describes a bubinga riser while the 1960 just says hardwood. Yours looks like  bubinga in the sight window, but the coin is a 1961. I never heard of those bows blowing up. I always wanted one, but hard to find in lefty.

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 60? 61? Bear Polar In need of help AGAIN
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »
thank you. That fits.

Steve
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©