INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Question on unique lams  (Read 516 times)

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
Question on unique lams
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
In the Bear-ied Treasures there is reference to unusual laminations. A few pics show them laid straight and on an angle. How common were these and was there any rules to which bows they went on.
  I thought they may only be used on upper end models but I found this one. A "68" Cub with a nice piece of maple. It looks to have 13 or 14 lams running the length of the bow.

"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question on unique lams
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Shep - That is really neat to see those lams on a Cub. The only bow I have them on is a Kodiak Special. We all probably need to open our eyes and carefully look at every Bear bow.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
I picked up at 68 Bear Cub for my son a while back and it looks exactly like yours with the lams and the yellow glass. He feels like he has a super special bow! Must have been the same guy on the assembly line that day building Cub's and he liked the way this looked.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »
some of the early views of what we would now call Fastcore actionwood diamondwood several dozen different names.It was small strips of wood laminated together to form actoinwood corewood laminatoin.
We should all thank Bill Stewart a little for the development of those type multi strip corewood laminated woods used in bows.Pretty cool looking bow you got there Shep...bd

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
I just picked up a 67 Bear Grizzly that has laminations like the cub.I will post a pic.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©