INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: older bow quiver questions  (Read 370 times)

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
older bow quiver questions
« on: July 26, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
I just picked this up and was wondering when it might have been made, and what Bear bows it might be the best match for (i.e. a 1957 Kodiak, or a 1970 Grizzly, or ???)  Which bow and era might it be most correct for?  I want to match it up with something I already have.  

Really, any info would be more than I know about Bear bow quivers!  Thanks.

RonP

The upper arm is about 6" to where it is attached to the quiver, the lower arm is about 6 3/4" to where it attaches-if that helps-as I did read they came in three sizes, small, medium, & large.  The back side has no real guard for the broadhead, just a place to put the tip, and a slot for what I am guessing is the bleeder if it has one.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: older bow quiver questions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
The spring arm leathercap 4 arrow first appeared in Bear Catalogs in 1965.  Offered in a short model and a long model.  Yours is a short model and may be better suited for a Kodiak Magnum than a 1970 Grizzly.  

If you like the looks of the quiver, you could always trade it for a long arm version.  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: older bow quiver questions
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »
Thanks for the info Trap.  I sent you a PM.

RonP

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©