INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: A good start to my new hobby.  (Read 377 times)

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
A good start to my new hobby.
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
I joined the ABCC a couple of weeks ago and have started a small collection. Some of these are gifts from a couple of real nice guy's and the others I picked up at some local sales. What is the one in the middle of the three blades? I have it standing up, it has a real long needle point and tapers back to 3 blades. I am really intrigued by all the different designs of BH's over the years. I have been doing some research and have found a lot of very interesting heads. I wonder what some were thinking when they designed them? This is a very cool hobby and I have to say what a lot of you said was true, very addicting and can be hard on the pocket book. I want to buy every head that I see but I have been holding back and telling myself I have many years of collecting ahead, I hope..Henry

"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A good start to my new hobby.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
Martin Penetrator aka Buckeye Penetrator.

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
Nice start   :thumbsup:
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
What were they thinking?? Just about every account I have ever read the designer was dissatisfied by what was a available so  they made their own.. Does make your head itch sometimes.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
Thanks Ron for the info. I looked in my master guide and did not find this head listed under the name's you gave me? Thanks..Henry
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
Henry -

The Penetrator is not shown in either edition of "Broadheads 1871-1971 Identification and Rarity Guide" because the broadhead was made after 1971.

The Penetrator 3 Blade was made in 1983 and is shown on page 74-5 in "Traditional Broadheads 1972-2007 Identification Guide" as one of over 1,000 actual size photographs of heads from the 1972-2007 period.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
Thanks Wade I will have to get those guides. I was looking at my master list that I got when I joined the ABCC. I am going to be getting some reference books soon, but I knew you guy's could help me out. Thanks again..Henry

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Henry Hammer:
[QB]    I am really intrigued by all the different designs of BH's over the years. I have been doing some research and have found a lot of very interesting heads. I wonder what some were thinking when they designed them? This is a very cool hobby and I have to say what a lot of you said was true, very addicting and can be hard on the pocket book. I want to buy every head that I see but I have been holding back and telling myself I have many years of collecting ahead, I hope..Henry

Henry..I know what you are saying, it is very addicting. I'm trying to take it slow but. My wife has left little notes laying around the computer saying " broadhead crazy ", " Mr. Broadhead "   :jumper:  

Wade..sent you an email!
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 01:38:00 AM »
Well, I tried to warn you guys about how addictive collecting broadheads can be once you get started. Nobody knows better than me.

It's hard for sane people to understand that it is probably more difficult to stop collecting these rusted pieces of steel than it is to stop smoking !!!

Hey, I've lived from broadhead to broadhead, and from bow to bow, for the last 30 odd years.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©