3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New to me Horne takedown.  (Read 232 times)

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
New to me Horne takedown.
« on: December 07, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
just got a new to me Horne takedown recurve. Got it from Larry in New Jersey.Recurve 50lbs I think is his handle. Promt delivery and a very good shooting bow. I could not get it as quiet as I wanted so I but a dacron string on it and it still is pound for pound as fast as any bow I`ve owned.2020`s with mag I`s fly perfect . I`m gonna bleed something soon Lord Willing. Kinda hard to adjust , I`ve been shooting a 64" homemade longbow so this is kinda like jumping into a sportscar out of an old truck.RC

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New to me Horne takedown.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
RC good luck and good hunting with your "new bow"

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Hey RC Glad you got it. I like my Horne's TD longbow too.  I also like the G&L bow I got from you. I think we'll both enjoy our (new) bows.
I gotta get time to shoot it more.  I want to make us of the leftover MoJo before it dissapates.LOL
Bill

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 05:39:00 AM »
I live ten minutes from Larry. I tortured myself for a week over going to see him and the bow. I was looking for a longbow though and knew if I held it and shot it I'd have to have it, then I'd have to get LB limbs and that was over my budget. I ended up orderng a Wapiti Spike T/D from Keith Chastain.
  I'm glad you got it and like it.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
RC
I'm glad you like the bow. Yes she is a pretty fast shooting bow and very quiet too. Shhot straight and good hunting my friend.
Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »
Hey Danny,
You would have been welcome to come up for a test shoot but the drive is a bit longer than 10 minutes from Sayerville. Maybe we could have a get together in the spring and do some shooting.
Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
Larry,
 I was thinking that was the Horne's for sale by me in Keansburg. I've been thru Boonton numerous times years ago on a driving job. Nice area. Doing some shooting in spring would be great.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©